* Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10  7:53 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-10  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have release Org-mode 6.22.

Enjoy!

- Carsten

Changes in Version 6.22
=======================

org-choose.el by Tom Breton is now included

Org-choose helps documenting a decision-making process by using
TODO keywords for different degrees of /chosenness/, and by
automatically keepting a set of alternative in a consistent state.

Documentation for /org-choose.el/ is available at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/org-choose.php

This package inserts itself into Org using hooks, so if other
people would like to do interesting stuff with TODO keywords for
special purposes, looking at Tom's code might be a good way to
start.

Thanks to Tom for this interesting contribution!

orgmode.org and Worg css works now better on IE

Thanks to Sebastian Rose for making these changes.

When exporting a subtree, headline levels are now relative to parent

This was reported as a bug by William Henney and is fixed now.

Inactive dates in tables can be used for sorting.

When sorting table fields or entries by date, Org first tries to
find an active date, and, if none exist, uses a passive date if
present.

This was a request by Hsui-Khuen Tang

The default for `org-return-follows-link' is back to `nil'

Setting it to `t' violates Emacs rules to some extend.  The
internal implementation of this has been improved, so setting it
to `t' should now be pretty stable.

Automatic scheduling of siblings with org-depend.el

The sibling of a DONE task can now automatically be scheduled.

This was a patch by Andrew Hyatt.

New skipping conditions
========================

The functions `org-agenda-skip-entry-if' and
`org-agenda-skip-subtree-if' now accept `timestamp' and
`nottimestamp' as additional conditions.

This was in response to a request by Saurabh Agrawal.

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 10:05 ` Saurabh Agrawal
From: Saurabh Agrawal @ 2009-02-10 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Castern,

Its me, Saurabh again.

Thanks a lot for the fast new releases. I am really enjoying working
with org and finding it indispensably useful.

I would also want to thank Manish, who the other day, devoted 2 hours
of his, with me, for the interactive help session.

> This package inserts itself into Org using hooks, so if other
> people would like to do interesting stuff with TODO keywords for
> special purposes, looking at Tom's code might be a good way to
> start.

Just yesterday night, I was thinking of an extension for basic double
book accounting, wherein we can use TODO type keywords for
Debit/Credit and Tags for account names.

For each accounting entry to succeed, there should be two entries
compulsorily, as is the rule for double book keeping.

Then, there should be a pane on the left side maybe, updating
different accounts (such as cash, bank, food, books etc.) real time.

Finally, some report to show the transaction for a particular a/c (ie
Tag) can be generated.

I really don't have the expertise to implement this, but maybe this
could be a project for someone who is good at lisp... :)

I really don't know if something like this exists for org; do let me
know if something is there and forgive me for this unnecessary idea.

Thanks for reading.

With regards,
Saurabh Agrawal.

> Thanks to Tom for this interesting contribution!
> orgmode.org and Worg css works now better on IE
> Thanks to Sebastian Rose for making these changes.
> When exporting a subtree, headline levels are now relative to parent
> This was reported as a bug by William Henney and is fixed now.
> Inactive dates in tables can be used for sorting.
> When sorting table fields or entries by date, Org first tries to
> find an active date, and, if none exist, uses a passive date if
> present.
> This was a request by Hsui-Khuen Tang
> The default for `org-return-follows-link' is back to `nil'
> Setting it to `t' violates Emacs rules to some extend.  The
> internal implementation of this has been improved, so setting it
> to `t' should now be pretty stable.
> Automatic scheduling of siblings with org-depend.el
> The sibling of a DONE task can now automatically be scheduled.
> This was a patch by Andrew Hyatt.
> New skipping conditions

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 10:50   ` Ben Alexander
From: Ben Alexander @ 2009-02-10 10:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Saurabh,

I had fancy ideas once, and I've gone nowhere with them.  I used org-
map-entries to convert an org-mode file into an acceptable input file
for ledger.  See my note to the org-mode list at :

http://groups.google.com/group/ledger-cli/browse_thread/thread/cba54edf065c7623

I haven't followed up on my new year's resolution because I had to
move overseas instead.  Any org-mode users in Romania?

-Ben

On 2009-Feb-10, at 12:05, Saurabh Agrawal wrote:

> Just yesterday night, I was thinking of an extension for basic double
> book accounting, wherein we can use TODO type keywords for
> Debit/Credit and Tags for account names.
>
> For each accounting entry to succeed, there should be two entries
> compulsorily, as is the rule for double book keeping.
>
> Then, there should be a pane on the left side maybe, updating
> different accounts (such as cash, bank, food, books etc.) real time.
>
> Finally, some report to show the transaction for a particular a/c (ie
> Tag) can be generated.

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 11:13   ` Saurabh Agrawal
From: Saurabh Agrawal @ 2009-02-10 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Hi Castern,

Am really sorry for the misspell.. :(

> Its me, Saurabh again.
>
> Thanks a lot for the fast new releases. I am really enjoying working
> with org and finding it indispensably useful.
>
> I would also want to thank Manish, who the other day, devoted 2 hours
> of his, with me, for the interactive help session.
>
>> This package inserts itself into Org using hooks, so if other
>> people would like to do interesting stuff with TODO keywords for
>> special purposes, looking at Tom's code might be a good way to
>> start.
>

> Just yesterday night, I was thinking of an extension for basic double
> book accounting, wherein we can use TODO type keywords for
> Debit/Credit and Tags for account names.
>
> For each accounting entry to succeed, there should be two entries
> compulsorily, as is the rule for double book keeping.
>
> Then, there should be a pane on the left side maybe, updating
> different accounts (such as cash, bank, food, books etc.) real time.
>
> Finally, some report to show the transaction for a particular a/c (ie
> Tag) can be generated.
>
> I really don't have the expertise to implement this, but maybe this
> could be a project for someone who is good at lisp... :)
>
> I really don't know if something like this exists for org; do let me
> know if something is there and forgive me for this unnecessary idea.
>
> Thanks for reading.
>
> With regards,
> Saurabh Agrawal.
>

>> Thanks to Tom for this interesting contribution!
>> orgmode.org and Worg css works now better on IE
>> Thanks to Sebastian Rose for making these changes.
>> When exporting a subtree, headline levels are now relative to parent
>> This was reported as a bug by William Henney and is fixed now.
>> Inactive dates in tables can be used for sorting.
>> When sorting table fields or entries by date, Org first tries to
>> find an active date, and, if none exist, uses a passive date if
>> present.
>> This was a request by Hsui-Khuen Tang
>> The default for `org-return-follows-link' is back to `nil'
>> Setting it to `t' violates Emacs rules to some extend.  The
>> internal implementation of this has been improved, so setting it
>> to `t' should now be pretty stable.
>> Automatic scheduling of siblings with org-depend.el
>> The sibling of a DONE task can now automatically be scheduled.
>> This was a patch by Andrew Hyatt.
>> New skipping conditions

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 14:56 ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-02-10 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi,
> I have release Org-mode 6.22.
[snip: many new features (38 lines)]
> New skipping conditions
> ========================
> The functions `org-agenda-skip-entry-if' and
> `org-agenda-skip-subtree-if' now accept `timestamp' and
> `nottimestamp' as additional conditions.
> This was in response to a request by Saurabh Agrawal.

Shouldn't these skipping conditions be available when using customize to make
custom agenda commands?

--
Manish

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 19:23   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-02-10 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, thanks, fixed now.

- Carsten

On Feb 10, 2009, at 3:56 PM, Manish wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have release Org-mode 6.22.
> [snip: many new features (38 lines)]
>> New skipping conditions
>> ========================
>> The functions `org-agenda-skip-entry-if' and
>> `org-agenda-skip-subtree-if' now accept `timestamp' and
>> `nottimestamp' as additional conditions.
>> This was in response to a request by Saurabh Agrawal.
>
> Shouldn't these skipping conditions be available when using
> customize to make
> custom agenda commands?
>
> --
> Manish

* Re: Release 6.22
@ 2009-02-10 19:44     ` Wanrong Lin
From: Wanrong Lin @ 2009-02-10 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just want to point out the download link on the org-mode web page is
still pointing to 6.21b.