Dear Viktor, dear Bastien, On 13.12.2011, at 22:50, Viktor Rosenfeld wrote: > [...]- I don't like this particular type writer font. On a Mac it's very thin > compared to the serifless font that makes up the normal text. But > that's just aesthetics. > > - I don't like the fixed top bar with the Org-Mode motto and the random > quote. It takes up about 20% of vertical screen space of my laptop. A > complete waste in my view. The black background also does not cover > the text behind it -- one or two pixel of the text are visible above > the bar. I really like the new web site "look" (thanks, Bastien!): I tested it on a Mac with recent versions of Firefox, Safari and Opera and was (so far) very pleased with both usability and aesthetics. However, that was on a machine with a large screen and I can imagine that some layout and font decisions could be improved for smaller systems - it does not work so well on the iPhone where I also did some testing. Almost every web site has that problem - the solution usually is to provide more than one stylesheet and provide a suitable one depending on the browser identification; this works well with most SmartPhones and the iPad. We have some institute-internal services that do this (not difficult to implement with PHP) - is this an option for the current orgmode-site? Warm regards, Stefan -- Dr. Stefan Vollmar, Dipl.-Phys. Head of IT group Max-Planck-Institut für neurologische Forschung Gleuelerstr. 50, 50931 Köln, Germany Tel.: +49-221-4726-213 FAX +49-221-4726-298 Tel.: +49-221-478-5713 Mobile: 0160-93874279 Email: vollmar@nf.mpg.de http://www.nf.mpg.de