* =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export
@ 2009-09-23 22:23 Jeff Kowalczyk
From: Jeff Kowalczyk @ 2009-09-23 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a way to escape backslashes (\) in code and verbatim that will export to LaTeX correctly?

When writing =\\host\share= or =C:\path\to=, pdftolatex output is incorrect.

The various methods described in [1] don't work for me in Org.

Thanks,
Jeff

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/256457/how-does-one-insert-a-backslash-or-a-tilde-into-latex

* Re: =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export
@ 2009-09-23 23:07 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-09-23 23:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Kowalczyk; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk@yahoo.com> writes:

> Is there a way to escape backslashes (\) in code and verbatim that will export to LaTeX correctly?
>
> When writing =\\host\share= or =C:\path\to=, pdftolatex output is incorrect.
>
> The various methods described in [1] don't work for me in Org.

#+begin_example
 ~ and \ in latex
 \host

 \\host\share and c:\path\to\something

#+end_example

-Bernt

* Re: =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export
@ 2009-09-24  0:17   ` Jeff Kowalczyk
From: Jeff Kowalczyk @ 2009-09-24  0:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt <at> norang.ca> writes:

> Jeff Kowalczyk <jtk <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > Is there a way to escape backslashes (\) in code and verbatim that will
export to LaTeX correctly?

> > When writing =\\host\share= or =C:\path\to=, pdftolatex output is incorrect.
> >
> > The various methods described in [1] don't work for me in Org.
>
> #+begin_example
>  ~ and \ in latex
>  \host
>
>  \\host\share and c:\path\to\something
>
> #+end_example
>
> -Bernt

Thanks, Bernt. The begin_example method and ": " have been working well with
backslashes for me.

The =code= and ~verbatim~ markup would allow the author to spell paths and other
backslash items in the normal flow of text.

A feature request then: =code= and ~verbatim~ would escape characters with the
same environment/rules as the other literal example methods (presuming this is
possible for LaTex, of course)

Thanks,
Jeff

* Re: =code= and ~verbatim~ with bashslash (\), LaTeX export
@ 2009-09-24  9:02 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-24  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeff Kowalczyk; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the report, this should now work correctly.

- Carsten