From: David Lord <dlordster@gmail.com>
To: "Raimund Kohl-Füchsle" <mail@rk-f.me>
Subject: Re: Windows and emacs
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 10:38:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Ray,

I'd agree with Mike and Scot's recommendation to use EmacsW32 for all
the reasons they mentioned.  I'd also recommend downloading cygwin.
Current versions of EmacsW32 pick up the cygwin installation pretty
easily and you really need it for command line tools like grep, ftp
(for tramp) and git (for org-mode versioning); not to mention the
command line itself.  I've been using this setup for 3 or 4 years on
various corporate laptops and it works very well.

Regards
David