* orgstruct and orgtbl mode inhibit TAB completion of addresses in gnus
@ 2009-09-08 20:03 Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-08 20:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't remember when this started, but since some days orgstruct-mode
and orgtbl-mode inhibit TAB-completion in the `To:', `Cc:' and 'Bcc:'
lines in gnus. I have to turn off _both_ of them to make it work
again.

I have:

  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgtbl)
  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct)

in my init file.

I use
  * GNU Emacs 23.1.1,
  * Org-mode version 6.30trans (release_6.30d.26.g9252)

* Re: orgstruct and orgtbl mode inhibit TAB completion of addresses in gnus
@ 2009-09-11  3:56 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-11  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 8, 2009, at 10:03 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I don't remember when this started, but since some days orgstruct-mode
> and orgtbl-mode inhibit TAB-completion in the `To:', `Cc:' and 'Bcc:'
> lines in gnus. I have to turn off _both_ of them to make it work
> again.

Do you have yasnippets on?

Did you add anything to some of the ...-tab-..hooks in Org?

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-11  9:04   ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-11  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Sep 8, 2009, at 10:03 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> I don't remember when this started, but since some days orgstruct-mode
>> and orgtbl-mode inhibit TAB-completion in the `To:', `Cc:' and 'Bcc:'
>> lines in gnus. I have to turn off _both_ of them to make it work
>> again.
>
> Do you have yasnippets on?

Yes. I don't explicitly turn it on though. Also, yasnippets does not
make any difference. No need to turn it off.

Can I do something to help debugging this problem?

(It's not such a big problem, though. I switched to message-mode without
orgstruct & Co. A keyboard shortcut turns on orgstruct and orgtbl.)

> Did you add anything to some of the ...-tab-..hooks in Org?

No.

>> I have:
>>
>>  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgtbl)
>>  (add-hook 'message-mode-hook 'turn-on-orgstruct)
>>
>> in my init file.
>>

>> I use
>>  * GNU Emacs 23.1.1,
>>  * Org-mode version 6.30trans (release_6.30d.26.g9252)

Best wishes

  Sebastian

* Re: orgstruct and orgtbl mode inhibit TAB completion of addresses in gnus
@ 2009-09-12  5:17     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-12  5:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 11, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:
>> On Sep 8, 2009, at 10:03 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>

>>> I don't remember when this started, but since some days orgstruct-
>>> mode
>>> and orgtbl-mode inhibit TAB-completion in the `To:', `Cc:' and
>>> 'Bcc:'
>>> lines in gnus. I have to turn off _both_ of them to make it work
>>> again.
>>
>> Do you have yasnippets on?
>

> Yes. I don't explicitly turn it on though. Also, yasnippets does not
> make any difference. No need to turn it off.
>
> Can I do something to help debugging this problem?

If you are in such a line and have turned off orgstruct-mode and
orgtbl-mode,
Please do `C-h k TAB' to find out what function is bound to TAB in the
absence
of orgstruct-mode.  The do the same for `C-h k C-i'

What do you get?

- Carsten

* Re: orgstruct and orgtbl mode inhibit TAB completion of addresses in gnus
@ 2009-09-12 10:24       ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2009-09-12 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

> On Sep 11, 2009, at 11:04 AM, Sebastian Rose wrote:
>
>> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Do you have yasnippets on?
>>

>> Yes. I don't explicitly turn it on though. Also, yasnippets does not
>> make any difference. No need to turn it off.
>>
>> Can I do something to help debugging this problem?
>
> If you are in such a line and have turned off orgstruct-mode and orgtbl-mode,
> Please do `C-h k TAB' to find out what function is bound to TAB in the absence
> of orgstruct-mode.  The do the same for `C-h k C-i'
>
> What do you get?

* YASNIPPETS ON, ORG ON

  C-h k TAB

    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn't find documentation
      for orgtbl-hijacker-command-102")
      signal(error ("Couldn't find documentation for orgtbl-hijacker-command-102"))
      error("Couldn't find documentation for %s" orgtbl-hijacker-command-102)
      Info-goto-emacs-command-node(orgtbl-hijacker-command-102)
      Info-goto-emacs-key-command-node([tab])
      call-interactively(Info-goto-emacs-key-command-node nil nil)

  C-h k C-i

    TAB runs the command orgtbl-hijacker-command-103, which is an interactive Lisp
    function.

    It is bound to TAB.

    (orgtbl-hijacker-command-103 arg)

    In tables, run `orgtbl-tab'.
    Outside of tables, run the binding of `	' or `[(tab)]'.

This seems to be the right track. `C-i' completes addresses, TAB does
not.

I found, that turning of yasnippets works, too. Sorry. I just can't get
both, yasnippets _and_ orgstruct++/orgtbl, to work in those `To:', `Cc:'
and `Bcc:' lines.

  Sebastian

* Re: orgstruct and orgtbl mode inhibit TAB completion of addresses in gnus
@ 2009-09-13  5:41         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-13  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sep 12, 2009, at 12:24 PM, Sebastian Rose wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com> writes:

>>> Yes. I don't explicitly turn it on though. Also, yasnippets does not
>>> make any difference. No need to turn it off.
>>>
>>> Can I do something to help debugging this problem?
>>
>> If you are in such a line and have turned off orgstruct-mode and
>> orgtbl-mode,
>> Please do `C-h k TAB' to find out what function is bound to TAB in
>> the absence
>> of orgstruct-mode.  The do the same for `C-h k C-i'
>>
>> What do you get?
>
> * YASNIPPETS ON, ORG ON
>
>  C-h k TAB
>
>    Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Couldn't find documentation
>      for orgtbl-hijacker-command-102")
>      signal(error ("Couldn't find documentation for orgtbl-hijacker-
> command-102"))
>      error("Couldn't find documentation for %s" orgtbl-hijacker-
> command-102)
>      Info-goto-emacs-command-node(orgtbl-hijacker-command-102)
>      Info-goto-emacs-key-command-node([tab])
>      call-interactively(Info-goto-emacs-key-command-node nil nil)
>
>  C-h k C-i
>
>    TAB runs the command orgtbl-hijacker-command-103, which is an
> interactive Lisp
>    function.
>
>    It is bound to TAB.
>
>    (orgtbl-hijacker-command-103 arg)
>
>    In tables, run `orgtbl-tab'.
>    Outside of tables, run the binding of `	' or `[(tab)]'.
>

> This seems to be the right track. `C-i' completes addresses, TAB does
> not.
>

> I found, that turning of yasnippets works, too. Sorry. I just can't
> get
> both, yasnippets _and_ orgstruct++/orgtbl, to work in those `To:',
> `Cc:'
> and `Bcc:' lines.

What is your yasnippet setup, including stuff you do in org-mode hooks?

- Carsten