On Apr 1, 2008, at 8:14 PM, Jose Robins wrote: > Before I was aware of org-mode, I developed this small superkaramba > timer application which would display which task I was working on, > when I started it, how much time was left, and also the current > time. I've attached a snapshot of that app to this email. > > Now I'm using org-mode extensively which has reignited my love for > emacs. I know org-mode displays the current task and the elapsed > time on the emacs modeline which is good. I was wondering if it > would be possible to generate a separate automatic emacs frame > (which is compact and for all intents and purposes looks like a > simple xwindow) with the task name, the elapsed time etc. from org- > mode as soon as you clock in .. This would allow for this timer > window to be on all desktops for e.g without being intrusive. > > Right now, I basically manually enter this info into my custom timer > when I clock in and out of a task in org-mode. > > Not sure whether others using org-mode feel a similar need or > whether they use any other methods... Hmmm, I don't really see the need/use for this, so I am not going to implement it. Maybe I can provide you with a hook and you write a package to use this hook? - Carsten