* printing pdf of agenda buffer: two issues
@ 2009-03-06  5:32 Alan E. Davis
From: Alan E. Davis @ 2009-03-06  5:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Maybe I have missed something about the use of this new feature.  And also
other attempts to print have failed. So I am posing two questions in this
post (hopefully related).  They may well be due to my setup.

1.  When I attempt to write a pdf file of a buffer of TODO items as
collected by C-c a t, the following error is reported:

     comment-normalize-vars: Command attempted to use minibuffer while in
minibuffer
      Formatting...  0%
      color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight bold)

   There is little use in my theorizing about this.

2.  I have tried two other ways to print agenda output, using scripts posted
elsewhere.  One of them was a script from an org-mode tutorial, and the
other, perhaps, from the FAQ.  Both times, I get colored text that cannot
print.  It is pale yellow.

Perhaps these are related?

I'm sorry if I overlooked or ignored other messages about this.  I looked.

Alan

--
Alan Davis

"An inviscid theory of flow renders the screw useless, but the need for one
non-existent."                     ---Lord Raleigh (John William Strutt), or
else his son, who was also a scientist.

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when
there is no ground whatsoever for supposing it is true.
    ---- Bertrand Russell

* Re: printing pdf of agenda buffer: two issues
@ 2009-03-06  9:38 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-06  9:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 6, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

> Maybe I have missed something about the use of this new feature.
> And also other attempts to print have failed. So I am posing two
> questions in this post (hopefully related).  They may well be due to
> my setup.
>
> 1.  When I attempt to write a pdf file of a buffer of TODO items as
> collected by C-c a t, the following error is reported:
>
>      comment-normalize-vars: Command attempted to use minibuffer
> while in minibuffer
>       Formatting...  0%
>       color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight
> bold)
>
>    There is little use in my theorizing about this.

I cannot reproduce this.  C-x C-w somefile.pdf RET in my agenda works.

> 2.  I have tried two other ways to print agenda output, using
> scripts posted elsewhere.  One of them was a script from an org-mode
> tutorial, and the other, perhaps, from the FAQ.  Both times, I get
> colored text that cannot print.  It is pale yellow.

Very likel this is because you are using a script that
runs Emacs in batch-mode, in which case the font colors
are poorly defined.  You can try to bind org-agenda-with-colors
to nil during the agenda command, as one of the options.

> Perhaps these are related?

I don't think so.

HTH

- Carsten

* Re: printing pdf of agenda buffer: two issues
@ 2009-03-13 13:01   ` Ivan Nedrehagen
From: Ivan Nedrehagen @ 2009-03-13 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

På Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:38:22 +0100, skrev Carsten Dominik
<dominik@science.uva.nl>:

> On Mar 6, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
>
>> Maybe I have missed something about the use of this new feature.  And
>> also other attempts to print have failed. So I am posing two questions
>> in this post (hopefully related).  They may well be due to my setup.
>>
>> 1.  When I attempt to write a pdf file of a buffer of TODO items as
>> collected by C-c a t, the following error is reported:
>>
>>      comment-normalize-vars: Command attempted to use minibuffer while
>> in minibuffer
>>       Formatting...  0%
>>       color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight bold)
>>
>>    There is little use in my theorizing about this.
>

> I cannot reproduce this.  C-x C-w somefile.pdf RET in my agenda works.
>

>> 2.  I have tried two other ways to print agenda output, using scripts
>> posted elsewhere.  One of them was a script from an org-mode tutorial,
>> and the other, perhaps, from the FAQ.  Both times, I get colored text
>> that cannot print.  It is pale yellow.
>

> Very likel this is because you are using a script that
> runs Emacs in batch-mode, in which case the font colors
> are poorly defined.  You can try to bind org-agenda-with-colors
> to nil during the agenda command, as one of the options.
>

>> Perhaps these are related?
>
> I don't think so.
>
> HTH
>
> - Carsten

I am running Emacs on Windows, and I have a similar problem with org-mode
6.24b.

My *Messages* gives me this

Preparing diary...done
Formatting...  0%
Collecting face information...
Formatting... 39%
ps-e-color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight bold)

Hope anyone can help. An pdf from agenda view would give a good kick in
the butt
to they guys in the office who frowns upon planning done elsewhere than MS
Projects
and Outlook :P

- Ivan

* Re: printing pdf of agenda buffer: two issues
@ 2009-03-13 17:10     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-03-13 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mar 13, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Ivan Nedrehagen wrote:

> På Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:38:22 +0100, skrev Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl
> >:
>

>> On Mar 6, 2009, at 6:32 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
>>
>>> Maybe I have missed something about the use of this new feature.
>>> And also other attempts to print have failed. So I am posing two
>>> questions in this post (hopefully related).  They may well be due
>>> to my setup.
>>>
>>> 1.  When I attempt to write a pdf file of a buffer of TODO items
>>> as collected by C-c a t, the following error is reported:
>>>
>>>     comment-normalize-vars: Command attempted to use minibuffer
>>> while in minibuffer
>>>      Formatting...  0%
>>>      color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight
>>> bold)
>>>
>>>   There is little use in my theorizing about this.
>>

>> I cannot reproduce this.  C-x C-w somefile.pdf RET in my agenda
>> works.
>>

>>> 2.  I have tried two other ways to print agenda output, using
>>> scripts posted elsewhere.  One of them was a script from an org-
>>> mode tutorial, and the other, perhaps, from the FAQ.  Both times,
>>> I get colored text that cannot print.  It is pale yellow.
>>

>> Very likel this is because you are using a script that
>> runs Emacs in batch-mode, in which case the font colors
>> are poorly defined.  You can try to bind org-agenda-with-colors
>> to nil during the agenda command, as one of the options.
>>

>>> Perhaps these are related?
>>
>> I don't think so.
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> - Carsten
>>

> I am running Emacs on Windows, and I have a similar problem with org-
> mode 6.24b.
>
> My *Messages* gives me this
>
> Preparing diary...done
> Formatting...  0%
> Collecting face information...
> Formatting... 39%
> ps-e-color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight bold)

What is ps-e-color-values?  I do not have this function.

- Carsten

@ 2009-03-16  8:12       ` Ivan Nedrehagen
From: Ivan Nedrehagen @ 2009-03-16  8:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

På Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:10:30 +0100, skrev Carsten Dominik
<dominik@science.uva.nl>:

> On Mar 13, 2009, at 2:01 PM, Ivan Nedrehagen wrote:
>
>> På Fri, 06 Mar 2009 10:38:22 +0100, skrev Carsten Dominik
>> <dominik@science.uva.nl>:

>>> I cannot reproduce this.  C-x C-w somefile.pdf RET in my agenda works.

>>> Very likel this is because you are using a script that
>>> runs Emacs in batch-mode, in which case the font colors
>>> are poorly defined.  You can try to bind org-agenda-with-colors
>>> to nil during the agenda command, as one of the options.

>>> I don't think so.
>>>
>>> HTH
>>>
>>> - Carsten
>>>

>> I am running Emacs on Windows, and I have a similar problem with org-
>> mode 6.24b.
>>
>> My *Messages* gives me this
>>
>> Preparing diary...done
>> Formatting...  0%
>> Collecting face information...
>> Formatting... 39%
>> ps-e-color-values: Wrong type argument: stringp, ("blue" :weight bold)
>
> What is ps-e-color-values?  I do not have this function.
>
> - Carsten
>

>> Hope anyone can help. An pdf from agenda view would give a good kick in
>> the butt
>> to they guys in the office who frowns upon planning done elsewhere than
>> MS Projects
>> and Outlook :P
>>
>> - Ivan

It is a defalias for 'color-value used in ps-print.el
Somehow, while searching for the values, I somehow made the error go away,
Ill get back to it if I am able to reproduce.

- Ivan