* More interaction in column view
@ 2009-03-04  9:45 Daniel Clemente
From: Daniel Clemente @ 2009-03-04  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm starting to use column mode (C-c C-x C-c) and I'm surprised I can't do some tasks from within, like for instance:
- move headings up/down with  M-up  M-down
- clock in/out tasks (C-c C-x C-i and … C-o)
- schedule tasks, etc. I always get:  if: Text is read-only: "Type `e' to edit property"

  To me, column view is like a *table* of *headings* (like a normal org-table, I mean). I am used to the usual org's flexibility in tables and in headings, and therefore it seems strange having to quit and reenter column mode to do these changes.
  It would be an interesting experiment to have real Org tables which get/set their rows from the headings in the subtree and their columns from the properties of these headings. You would then have all the usual features of tables: formulas, edit fields (properties in this case) in a new buffer, …

  Mmm… maybe that table/heading/columns mix would be too complex.

  Anyway, do you also need to enter/quit column view many times? How do you use it comfortably?

Daniel