On Jun 19, 2008, at 3:09 PM, Dachsy wrote: > Hi! > > On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:47:15AM +0200, Manuel Hermenegildo wrote: > >> You may want to have a look at my post on >> >>> - the use of org-agenda-skip-archived-trees toggling to control >>> visibility of archived tasks. The key redefinitions that we use >>> (everything goes to sibling archive) may be too much for other >>> applications. Here we are just trying to make sure that we always >>> use the archive to sibling method, since it preserves TAG >>> inheritance, which is vital to keep archived tasks assigned to the >>> person that had them assigned in the first place. >> >> Carsten kindly stored it at: >> >>> http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6701/focus%3D6732 > > Hm, if I understand correctly, listing of archived tasks should work > simply by setting `org-agenda-skip-archived-trees` to nil, right? > > I already tried that, but changing this variable (tried t and nil) > does not change the visibility of archived tasks - they are not > shown. Are you sure you are archiving to a sibling, not to a separate file? > I also tried your `my-org-agenda-toggle-seeing-archived`, which > gives me the message "Viewing archived tasks on" but doesn't show any > archived tasks (only the ones that are done but not yet archived). I was going to implement Manuels idea anyway, so I just did that. If you pull the latest version from git, you have two new commands in the agenda: `v' will toggle the inclusion of trees with the ARCHIVE tag, this includes obviously the archive sibling. `C-u v' will include trees with ARCHIVE tag, and will also include all archive files that are currently associated with your agenda files. Manuel, thanks for this nice idea. I did not implement your key definitions, in the hope that users will know that they are in a special view. - Carsten > > > Is this a bug? > BTW: I'm using org-6.05a. > > Thanks, > dachsy > -- > chris > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode