On 08 Sep 2009, at 16:24, Richard Moreland wrote: > I've been working with Carsten on a free iPhone app for Org. We are > still working out some of the details, but so far we have it running > on the phone in a fairly usable state. It needs some polish, but it > is very nice to see my Org data easily accessible on a mobile device > with offline access. To be clear, we aren't trying to run Emacs on > the device. The goal is to view Org files and agendas as well as > capture new notes. > > Here is a teaser video of the app running in the simulator: http://ncogni.to/mobileorg-demo1.mov > > Once we feel the basics are worked out, we will solicit a request > for beta testers and feedback, but for now you'll have to be > satisfied with the demo video :) Wow indeed. Some things immediately came up when viewing the movie; I hope you don't mind me posting them so soon. I imagine the app does not require a live connection to the server. In order to work offline, I think that the app must - clearly show the time of downloading each document, - be able to capture and store multiple notes when offline and forward them when online. A way of reviewing the stored notes, possibly edit or remove them would be a bonus. I could imagine that captured but not yet forwarded notes appear in the 'capture.org' document entry (on the App), marked as not-forwarded and being editable and removable. After syncing, these notes become part of the real capture.org document and thus read-only, just like the rest. Oh well, you probably thought of all that, so I'll just shut up now... Cheers, Peter.