* Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-17 16:32 Tom Dye
From: Tom Dye @ 2010-09-17 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Thanks to whoever fixed links on Worg.  It appears that Worg isn't
updating itself now, though.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-17 17:10 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2010-09-17 17:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Still not all is well...

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org

---
[jwhendy@bigBang ~]$ ls Worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/
org-babel-gnuplot.org
Worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org
---

<http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org>Exists
in git, not on Worg.

John

On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Tom Dye <colleagues@tsdye2.com> wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> Thanks to whoever fixed links on Worg.  It appears that Worg isn't updating
> itself now, though.
>
> All the best,
> Tom

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-17 17:56   ` Erik Iverson
       [not found]     ` <87tylo2pnp.fsf@gmail.com>
From: Erik Iverson @ 2010-09-17 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Worg now publishes the results of its publishing script, at:

http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt

I had Bastien install R for an update to the R docs that I'm doing,
and it appears to work when he does a manual publish.  But I think
the problem is that R is not in the path of whatever user is running
the automated script, you can see the last line is complaining
about that.

I think that's the only fix needed, just get R in the path of
that script.

Sorry if my request has caused this issue, but having R on there
will be nice.  The export file its bombing on isn't even mine,
so someone else appears to be wanting to use it as well.

John Hendy wrote:
> Still not all is well...
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org
>
> ---
> [jwhendy@bigBang ~]$ ls
> Worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org
> <http://org-babel-gnuplot.org>
> Worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org
> <http://org-babel-gnuplot.org>
> ---
>
> <http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/org-babel-gnuplot.org>Exists
> in git, not on Worg.
>

> John
>
> On Fri, Sep 17, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Tom Dye <colleagues@tsdye2.com
> <mailto:colleagues@tsdye2.com>> wrote:
>
>     Aloha all,
>
>     Thanks to whoever fixed links on Worg.  It appears that Worg isn't
>     updating itself now, though.
>
>     All the best,
>     Tom

* Re: Worg updating?
       [not found]     ` <87tylo2pnp.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2010-09-17 18:55       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-17 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list; +Cc: C. Dominik, Tom Dye

Hi all,

sorry for the late answer, I had a busy week at work.

Here is what I'll do tomorrow:

- look at the issue;
- try to fix it;
- document what software is available on the server;
- publish the .emacs.el we use on the server;
- possibly publish recommendations on writing a safe Worg page.

I hope this will make Worg work smoothly.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-18 17:53         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-18 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list; +Cc: Tom Dye, C. Dominik

Hi all,

I cleaned up the Worg publishing mechanism:

- The cron'ed publishing mechanism does not allow babel code execution
  on the server anymore (for obvious security reasons).  If your Worg
  file needs code execution, send me an email and I will try to publish
  it manually.

- Worg export used to rely on the very latest Org version from the git
  repo, which is not a good idea.  From now on, Worg will use released
  versions¹.

- I created a FIXME directory in the root directory of Worg: this is the
  place for problematic files (there are two right now.)

- I create a page to describe Worg setup on the serveur and available
  software for babel code evaluation:

  http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.php

Please double-check links are not broken and pages export correctly,
and come back to me (on the list) if there is any problem.

Thanks !

¹ We still want http://orgmode.org/ to reflect the content of the
  org-mode/ORGWEBPAGE/ dir in the latest Org -- so I created two repos,
  one for exporting those pages, another one for elisp code that is used
  when exporting Worg.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-18 18:06         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-18 18:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list; +Cc: C. Dominik, Tom Dye

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> - publish the .emacs.el we use on the server;

This is here: http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/emacs.el

I added this link to worg-setup.org

HTH

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-18 18:39           ` Tom Dye
From: Tom Dye @ 2010-09-18 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Sep 18, 2010, at 7:53 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I cleaned up the Worg publishing mechanism:
>
> - The cron'ed publishing mechanism does not allow babel code execution
>  on the server anymore (for obvious security reasons).  If your Worg
>  file needs code execution, send me an email and I will try to publish
>  it manually.
>
> - Worg export used to rely on the very latest Org version from the git
>  repo, which is not a good idea.  From now on, Worg will use released
>  versions¹.
>
> - I created a FIXME directory in the root directory of Worg: this is
> the
>  place for problematic files (there are two right now.)
>
> - I create a page to describe Worg setup on the serveur and available
>  software for babel code evaluation:
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.php
>
> Please double-check links are not broken and pages export correctly,
> and come back to me (on the list) if there is any problem.
>
> Thanks !
>
> ¹ We still want http://orgmode.org/ to reflect the content of the
>  org-mode/ORGWEBPAGE/ dir in the latest Org -- so I created two repos,
>  one for exporting those pages, another one for elisp code that is
> used
>  when exporting Worg.
>
> --
> Bastien

Hi Bastien,

Most of the links to examples in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/uses.php
  appear to be broken.  I checked a few of these in the org-mode
source on Worg and they work there, so it looks like there is a glitch
in the publishing process.

All the best,
Tom

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-19 18:25             ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-19 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Dye; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi Tom,

Tom Dye <colleagues@tsdye2.com> writes:

> Most of the links to examples in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/
> uses.php appear to be broken.

Fixed.

I've seen you uploaded several pdf files: there is no problem hosting a
few PDF files on the server, but please be extra careful not to add too
many.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-19 19:43               ` Tom Dye
From: Tom Dye @ 2010-09-19 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-org list

Aloha Bastien,

I didn't know about the limitation on non-org files.  I've moved the
pdf files to my server.

Thanks for your help.

All the best,
Tom

On Sep 19, 2010, at 8:25 AM, Bastien wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> Tom Dye <colleagues@tsdye2.com> writes:
>
>> Most of the links to examples in http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/
>> uses.php appear to be broken.
>
> Fixed.
>
> I've seen you uploaded several pdf files: there is no problem
> hosting a
> few PDF files on the server, but please be extra careful not to add
> too
> many.
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2010-09-19 20:48                 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-19 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Dye; +Cc: emacs-org list

Hi Tom,

Tom Dye <colleagues@tsdye2.com> writes:

> I didn't know about the limitation on non-org files.  I've moved the pdf
> files to my server.

Thanks for this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Worg updating?
       [not found]     ` <87tylo2pnp.fsf@gmail.com>
@ 2010-09-19 21:31     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2010-09-19 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Erik,

Erik Iverson <eriki@ccbr.umn.edu> writes:

> I had Bastien install R for an update to the R docs that I'm doing,
> and it appears to work when he does a manual publish.  But I think
> the problem is that R is not in the path of whatever user is running
> the automated script, you can see the last line is complaining
> about that.

I'll run R code execution manually from now on, so I'll be able to spot
such problems if they occur.

--
 Bastien

* Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-17 20:53 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-03-17 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aloha all,

Changes I made to the LaTeX export tutorial several days ago haven't
made their way to Worg yet.  Is Worg updating?

All the best,
Tom

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-17 22:34 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-03-17 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye <tsd@tsdye.com> wrote:

> Aloha all,
>
> Changes I made to the LaTeX export tutorial several days ago haven't
> made their way to Worg yet.  Is Worg updating?
>
> All the best,
> Tom

Thanks for reminding me: I made a change to org-hacks some time ago and it
hasn't shown up yet.  Maybe it would be a good idea to timestamp pages
with the update time?

Does Worg contain any information on how Worg is built? I found

  http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/

but if those are the sources for the website, they are way out of date:
org-hacks.org has a date of 2011/03/03 but git log on my (recently
pulled) local repo shows many entries after that date. Since I pushed on
2011/03/04, I wonder if I am the one who broke it...

Nick

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-17 22:55   ` Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2011-03-17 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nicholas.dokos; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 03/17/2011 05:34 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Thomas S. Dye<tsd@tsdye.com>  wrote:
>
>> Aloha all,
>>
>> Changes I made to the LaTeX export tutorial several days ago haven't
>> made their way to Worg yet.  Is Worg updating?
>>
>> All the best,
>> Tom
>>

> Thanks for reminding me: I made a change to org-hacks some time ago and it
> hasn't shown up yet.  Maybe it would be a good idea to timestamp pages
> with the update time?
>
> Does Worg contain any information on how Worg is built? I found
>
>    http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/

See:

http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html

which will direct you to:

http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt

AT the bottom of that file:

"Generating tree-style sitemap for Sitemap for project worg-pages
Not a standard Org-mode time string: 2010.08.25 20:41:52"

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-18  2:54     ` Jason Dunsmore
From: Jason Dunsmore @ 2011-03-18  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Erik Iverson <eriki@ccbr.umn.edu> writes:

> On 03/17/2011 05:34 PM, Nick Dokos wrote:
>> Thomas S. Dye<tsd@tsdye.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> Aloha all,
>>>
>>> Changes I made to the LaTeX export tutorial several days ago haven't
>>> made their way to Worg yet.  Is Worg updating?
>>>
>>> All the best,
>>> Tom
>>>

>> Thanks for reminding me: I made a change to org-hacks some time ago and it
>> hasn't shown up yet.  Maybe it would be a good idea to timestamp pages
>> with the update time?
>>
>> Does Worg contain any information on how Worg is built? I found
>>
>>    http://orgmode.org/worg/sources/
>
> See:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html
>
> which will direct you to:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt
>
> AT the bottom of that file:
>
> "Generating tree-style sitemap for Sitemap for project worg-pages
> Not a standard Org-mode time string: 2010.08.25 20:41:52"

This and another badly formatted date were causing the Worg publishing
process to fail.  I fixed it in these two commits:

http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/commitdiff/cba1f50f636401723c6bf9c38d86e725817123ff
http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/commitdiff/a5ba2e96757d7b5870f667f9bd23c9491bd9f14e

Thomas' new section is now present after republishing Worg:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-10_1

Regards,
Jason

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-18  3:55       ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-03-18  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Jason Dunsmore <emacs-orgmode@dunsmor.com> wrote:

> > See:
> >
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-setup.html

Oh, wow: right in front of my eyes - thanks, Erik!

> > which will direct you to:
> >
> > http://orgmode.org/worg/publishing.txt
> >
> > AT the bottom of that file:
> >
> > "Generating tree-style sitemap for Sitemap for project worg-pages
> > Not a standard Org-mode time string: 2010.08.25 20:41:52"
>
> This and another badly formatted date were causing the Worg publishing
> process to fail.  I fixed it in these two commits:
>
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/commitdiff/cba1f50f636401723c6bf9c38d86e725817123ff
> http://repo.or.cz/w/Worg.git/commitdiff/a5ba2e96757d7b5870f667f9bd23c9491bd9f14e
>
> Thomas' new section is now present after republishing Worg:
>
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-10_1
>
> Regards,
> Jason

...but the sunrise/sunset section in org-hacks is still MIA. AFAICT, the
publishing process didn't do anything with org-hacks because it thought it
was unmodified. I'll try to push a small modification and we'll see whether it
picks it up.

Thanks,
Nick

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-18  4:56         ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-03-18  4:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jason Dunsmore; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:

> ...but the sunrise/sunset section in org-hacks is still MIA. AFAICT, the
> publishing process didn't do anything with org-hacks because it thought it
> was unmodified. I'll try to push a small modification and we'll see whether it
> picks it up.

OK, I fixed a typo in org-hacks, pushed it and watched Worg pull and publish it
successfully. The sunrise/sunset hack made it to the web!

Thanks to all,
Nick

* Re: Worg updating?
@ 2011-03-18 15:55       ` Thomas S. Dye