From: Bruno Barbier <brubar.cs@gmail.com>
To: errelinaaron@gmail.com, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: `org-capture' loads all the files in `org-directory'
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2022 10:16:22 +0200	[thread overview]

Noel Errenil <errelinaaron@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello, org community
>
> I ran into the titled issue and haven't found any solution or explanation:
>
> First, I start Emacs and there are just a few buffers such as *scratch* and
> *Messages*.
>
> Then, I fire `org-capture', captur a note and `C-c C-c' to save the captured
> content.
>
> Suddenly all the files under ~/projects/org will be loaded into the buffer
> list, which confuses me so much. Those that have nothing to do with
> capturing or capture-templates are loaded into Emacs, which makes
> little sense to me.

FWIW, in my case, org seems to open org files that are necessary to
identify the capture target, like when refiling somewhere else. Using
`C-c C-c', org does not open other files though, just the targetted one.

Cleaning up your org agenda files, if possible, might reduce the number
of files org needs to load.

  (customize-option 'org-agenda-files)

Bruno