Hi Tassilo, you can of course look at all tags of a specific line interactively with "T". But I guess this is not what you had in mind. This looks like a great feature to me, also in view of the tag filtering that we can now do in the agenda, and that appears a bit magic with hidden, inherited tags. So I have implemented your request, subject to the variable `org-agenda-show-inherited-tags' (for now I have set the default to t, lets see how many complaints we get....) Thanks for another great idea. - Carsten On Nov 26, 2008, at 5:18 PM, Tassilo Horn wrote: > Hi all, > > first my question: Is it possible to get all tags (declared + > inherited) > displayed in the usual agenda (day/week) view? > > I'm currently in the process of using tags wherever it makes sense and > I'd like to get rid of custom categories at all. Basically I'd like > to > have the categories private and work, which are extracted from the > file > name. > > At work I have several projects (which should be easily > distinguished in > the agenda), so currently I set custom categories with the CATEGORY > property. But tags are much more flexible, for example if a given > TODO > belongs to several projects. > > I know I can get all tags in the column view, but till now I didn't > become friend with it. And with my GNU Emacs from CVS (yesterday > evening) and a git org-mode of the same time, I get a really awkward > and > buggy column view [1]. > > Bye, > Tassilo > __________ > [1] http://www.tsdh.de/~heimdall/org-column.png > > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode