From: Ben Alexander <bva@alexanderonline.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Org-babel and LaTeX letter
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 15:01:32 +0300	[thread overview]

Hello orgmode and latex users!

I'm trying to use a latex to write a letter, and I'm using an org
babel block to hold the original source.  I've whittled down my latex
code to one word and it still isn't working for me.  I've included the
code block and the pdflatex output buffer.  I notice that the default
style is 'article'.  Is there some way to remove the article style and
use a letter instead?

The funny thing is, if I run pdflatex from the command line, it works
fine.  Though it doesn't have as many lines of diagnostic output.  I
think the wrapping code for babel execution of latex code is the
issue.  I'd be happy to install more tex files. I use MacPorts to
maintain my system; perhaps I am missing a tex package that is needed?

Any pointers would be helpful.

-Ben

ORG file
***** trial of latex
#+begin_src latex :file letter.pdf
Hello
#+end_src

BUFFER *Org PDF LaTeX Output* shows the following (first and last few
lines only)

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.3-1.40.12 (TeX Live 2011/MacPorts
2011_1)
  restricted \write18 enabled.
entering extended mode

(/var/folders/pC/pCO-RjsoEHGUcvQ-+Z3F2U+++TI/-Tmp-/babel-58334TCg/
latex-58334gM
m.tex
LaTeX2e <2009/09/24>
Babel <v3.8l> and hyphenation patterns for english, dumylang,
nohyphenation, lo
aded.
(/opt/local/share/texmf-texlive-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls
Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class

.....lines of output omitted......

! LaTeX Error: File `wrapfig.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name:
! Emergency stop.
<read *>

l.13 \usepackage
                 {soul}^^M
!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
Transcript written on /var/folders/pC/pCO-RjsoEHGUcvQ-+Z3F2U+++TI/-
Tmp-/babel-5
8334TCg//latex-58334gMm.log.

Xander$ port list installed and texlive*
texlive-basic                  @23152          tex/texlive-basic
texlive-basic                  @23152          tex/texlive-basic
texlive-bin                    @2011           tex/texlive-bin
texlive-bin                    @2011           tex/texlive-bin