* org-megaup
@ 2019-08-29 23:05 Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2019-08-29 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

When I use org-megaup I get a "Invalid function: org-preserve-local-variables" is there a way to fix that ?

Jean-Christophe Helary

* Re: org-megaup
@ 2019-08-30 19:42 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2019-08-30 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org> writes:

> When I use org-megaup I get a "Invalid function:
> org-preserve-local-variables" is there a way to fix that ?

org-megaup is not defined AFAICT - do you mean `org-metaup'?

If not, disregard the rest of this message.

If yes, I don't see any problems, so you might want to provide the
context (e.g. are trying to move subtrees up, move table rows up or
move items in a list up?) Check also the value of `org-metaup-hook' to
see if something weird crept in there.

If it happens regardless of context, I would edebug the org-metaup
function and see where the error message comes from - BTW,
org-preserve-local-variables is a macro, not a function (so that might
have something to do with it), defined in org-macs.el. If your setup
is curdled, that might not be loaded, so try `(load-library org-macs)`
and see if that resolves if: if it does, then you have to figure out
whether there is something wrong with your setup (if it doesn't load
that file automatically) or how it got curdled (if it does).

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: org-megaup
@ 2019-08-31  3:42   ` Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2019-08-31  3:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

> On Aug 31, 2019, at 4:42, Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Jean-Christophe Helary <jean.christophe.helary@traduction-libre.org> writes:
>
>> When I use org-megaup I get a "Invalid function:
>> org-preserve-local-variables" is there a way to fix that ?
>>

> org-megaup is not defined AFAICT - do you mean `org-metaup'?

Yes, thank you. I'll check everything you wrote this we.

Jean-Christophe

@ 2019-08-31 11:18   ` Jean-Christophe Helary
From: Jean-Christophe Helary @ 2019-08-31 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Thank you Nick for the help.

It looks like I some kind of interference between the built-in org-mode and the most recent package available in melpa. Everything is fixed now.