* How not to export blocked tasks to iCal?
@ 2009-05-07  7:19 Guy Wiener
From: Guy Wiener @ 2009-05-07  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello everyone,
I use orgmode to write down TODO tasks with dependencies (using
org-enforce-todo-dependencies). I want to export the tasks to an
iCalendar file, but *without* the blocked tasks (i.e, tasks that have
unfinished dependencies). The agenda view hides these tasks if you set
org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks. It there a way to configure the iCalendar
export to ignore these tasks too, like in the agenda view?

Thanks,
  Guy Wiener.

* Re: How not to export blocked tasks to iCal?
@ 2009-05-10  1:54 ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2009-05-10  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy Wiener; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Guy Wiener <gwiener@cs.bgu.ac.il> writes:

> Hello everyone,
> I use orgmode to write down TODO tasks with dependencies (using
> org-enforce-todo-dependencies). I want to export the tasks to an
> iCalendar file, but *without* the blocked tasks (i.e, tasks that have
> unfinished dependencies). The agenda view hides these tasks if you set
> org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks. It there a way to configure the iCalendar
> export to ignore these tasks too, like in the agenda view?
>
> Thanks,
>   Guy Wiener.

It would be nice if the results from

#+CATEGORY: Anniv
%%(org-bbdb-anniversaries)

were included too. My initial test indicate they are not.

* Re: How not to export blocked tasks to iCal?
@ 2009-05-10  7:17   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-10  7:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Guy Wiener

This is, I think, somewhat complex, you'd have to get Thomas Baumann,
author of org-bbdb anniversary support, to write something to
support for this.

- Carsten

@ 2009-05-10  7:21     ` Guy Wiener
From: Guy Wiener @ 2009-05-10  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thanks to everyone, but before the discussion gets out of hand: Is there
a way not to export blocked tasks to iCal file? Org-mode can identify
blocked tasks, since it can hide them in the agenda view. Can it be
configured not to export them?

Thanks again.

@ 2009-05-10  7:28       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-10  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy Wiener; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 10, 2009, at 9:21 AM, Guy Wiener wrote:

> Thanks to everyone, but before the discussion gets out of hand: Is
> there a way not to export blocked tasks to iCal file? Org-mode can
> identify blocked tasks, since it can hide them in the agenda view.
> Can it be configured not to export them?

No, not currently.

You mean for VTODO, or also for VEVENT?

- Carsten

@ 2009-05-10  7:50         ` Guy Wiener
From: Guy Wiener @ 2009-05-10  7:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik, emacs-orgmode

I mean VTODO.

I think it would be really great if it is configurable.

If it's not, can you at least point me to the relevant spot in the code
in which such filtering can be done - Maybe a hook function?

- Guy

@ 2009-05-10 10:34 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-05-10 10:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guy Wiener; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 7, 2009, at 9:19 AM, Guy Wiener wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> I use orgmode to write down TODO tasks with dependencies (using org-
> enforce-todo-dependencies). I want to export the tasks to an
> iCalendar file, but *without* the blocked tasks (i.e, tasks that
> have unfinished dependencies). The agenda view hides these tasks if
> you set org-agenda-dim-blocked-tasks. It there a way to configure
> the iCalendar export to ignore these tasks too, like in the agenda
> view?

I have implemented this now.  After your next pull, do

(setq org-icalendar-include-todo 'unblocked)

HTH

- Carsten