Hi Am 22.07.2011 um 09:34 schrieb Rainer M Krug: > For tangling: you could put from __future__ imports into the :shebang and use padline ":padline no", i.e.: > > #+source: the_test > #+begin_src python :var x=3 :tangle test.py :results output :shebang from __future__ imports :padline no > print x > #+end_src > > which results in > > from __future__ imports > print x > > Keep in mind, that I have NEVER used python (although I should…). While I'd not call that a clean solution to the problem it will keep me going for now. Thank you very much for pointing that possibility out, I haven't thought about trying to move the import statement. As for python: its a nice language worth trying in my opinion ;) With this i could do the table calculation manually by inserting 100-1000 call statements (in the real use case I need for my masters-thesis) but it would be really nice if i could use a table cell as argument for code-blocks. > A second problem I have at the moment lies with the execution of source-blocks in tables. What I'd like to do: > > | argument | result | > | 1 | #ERROR | > | | | > #+TBLFM: $2=call_the_test(x=$<) > > I guess I'm just doing something wrong here. Executing the #+Tblfm results in the error: "reference $< not found in buffer". How do I do the reference correctly in this case? > > You can test both cases in the attached org-file. best regards, Dirk