* Org + git branches for derived files
@ 2021-08-13 18:40 Ken Mankoff
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2021-08-13 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

Hello,

I think this might be more of a git question than an Org question, but I imagine I might find the answer here and that it might be useful to others, so I ask here.

I'd like to keep derivative products (the LaTeX output, the final PDF, etc.) available in Git, but not commit those changes each time I change the Org file. Perhaps git-annex as appropriate for this, but seems over-kill.

Is there some way to mostly-seamlessly commit the LaTeX and/or PDF and/or other files to their own git branches but in a way that overwrites the history of that branch, so that a small Org file that generates a big binary PDF does not pollute the git tree?

Thanks,

  -k.