Hi! without the patch your org source block has to look like: #+begin_src sql :engine mysql :dbconnection mysqldb1 SELECT * FROM nodes; #+end_src with that patch you can just type #+begin_src sql :dbconnection mysqldb1 SELECT * FROM nodes; #+end_src because your engine is mapped to sql-product in your sql-connection-alist: (setq sql-connection-alist '((mysqldb1 (sql-product 'mysql) (sql-server "10.10.42.1") (sql-user "dbadmin") (sql-password "foo") (sql-database "testdb")))) > On 27. Jan 2023, at 14:15, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > Andreas Gerler writes: > >> as I am still learning more elisp it took me some try and error but I can use the sql-product now within dbconnection. >> Using :engine still works as well. >> Still wondering if there is a more elegant way for the if clause. > > Thanks for the patch! > Could you please explain in more details what the patch does? > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at > so long… Andreas Gerler — http://www.bundesbrandschatzamt.de/~baron