From: David Lord <dlordster@gmail.com>
To: Manager Leader <managerleader@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode List <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Re: Org-Mode in Windows
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:56:10 +0000	[thread overview]

Bailey,

I think the first thing you need to do is find your .emacs: start
emacs and type Ctrl-x Ctrl-f, make sure it says something like 'Find
file: ~/' at the bottom of the screen and press enter.  A 'dired'
buffer should open up in which you should see your .emacs file (if
you want to put it in a different directory, you can set the HOME
environment variable).

Next, you need to open the file and follow the instructions in http://
orgmode.org/manual/Installation.html#Installation to set the load-
path to the new version of org-mode and require org-install (don't
worry about the make commands: you will need to install cygwin or
something like it to get that working).

You may need to get rid of the old version of org-mode before it will
pick up the new one.  If so, you can open the old file by typing Alt-
x find-library, press enter, type 'org' and press enter again.  Then
type Ctrl-x Ctrl-f and press enter to find its location.  Delete the
file (after backing it up somewhere of course) and restart emacs.

Regards
David Lord