* Terminating a plain list
@ 2009-04-16 19:56 Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-04-16 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten,

I am currently using the following notation to terminate a plain list
for exporting:
  - Item One

  - Item Two

  - Item Three

  - _____

| Table | Example |
|-------+---------|
|     1 |       2 |

This exports properly in html, but in Latex I get the following output:

,----
| \begin{itemize}
| \item Item One
| \item Item Two
| \item Item Three
| \item \underline{___} % <---- note this line
| \end{itemize}
|
| \begin{center}
| \begin{tabular}{rr}
|  Table  &  Example  \\
| \hline
|      1  &        2  \\
| \end{tabular}
| \end{center}
`----

It looks as if the latex exporter is interpreting the notation for
terminating plainlists as underline markup.

Thanks,
Matt

* Re: Terminating a plain list
@ 2009-04-16 20:27 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-04-16 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Matt,

yes, this is not yet implemented, and in fact, this is still only an
experimental feature, it may go away entirely.

- Carsten

On Apr 16, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I am currently using the following notation to terminate a plain list
> for exporting:
>  - Item One
>
>  - Item Two
>
>  - Item Three
>
>  - _____
>

> | Table | Example |
> |-------+---------|
> |     1 |       2 |
>
> This exports properly in html, but in Latex I get the following
> output:
>
> ,----
> | \begin{itemize}
> | \item Item One
> | \item Item Two
> | \item Item Three
> | \item \underline{___} % <---- note this line
> | \end{itemize}
> |
> | \begin{center}
> | \begin{tabular}{rr}
> |  Table  &  Example  \\
> | \hline
> |      1  &        2  \\
> | \end{tabular}
> | \end{center}
> `----
>
> It looks as if the latex exporter is interpreting the notation for
> terminating plainlists as underline markup.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

* Re: Terminating a plain list
@ 2009-06-08 17:58 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-06-08 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Apr 16, 2009, at 9:56 PM, Matthew Lundin wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> I am currently using the following notation to terminate a plain list
> for exporting:
>  - Item One
>
>  - Item Two
>
>  - Item Three
>
>  - _____
>

> | Table | Example |
> |     1 |       2 |

 From 6.28 on, using "- ___" to terminate a plain list will be
strongly deprecated, maybe immediately removed.

Instead, a table that is not indented will automatically terminate
the plain lists at hand.  To make this work, the #+TBLFM line will be
indented with the table, and #+begin block ca be indented as well.

- Carsten