* Graphics in LaTeX pdf output.
@ 2012-09-11 15:26 Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2012-09-11 15:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I am trying to produce pdf through latex with R in org.
I am using MacTeX 2012, Emacs 24.2, and org mode version 7.9.1 (on Mountain Lion)

I have the the following code segment.

#+BEGIN_SRC R :session *R* :results output graphics :file first.png :exports both
plot((0:10)^2,type="l")
#+END_SRC

It does not work.
It produces text output and then stops.
When I run latex on this manually, TeX complains about a missing bounding box.

! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in agegraph.png (no BoundingBox
).

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.863 ...raphics[width=.9\linewidth]{agegraph.png}

html output works.

I dimly remember that the same file worked with a previous version of org and MacTeX 2011.

* Re: Graphics in LaTeX pdf output.
@ 2012-09-11 16:25 ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-09-11 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 10:26 AM, Neuwirth Erich
<erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> I am trying to produce pdf through latex with R in org.
> I am using MacTeX 2012, Emacs 24.2, and org mode version 7.9.1 (on Mountain Lion)
>
> I have the the following code segment.
>

> #+BEGIN_SRC R :session *R* :results output graphics :file first.png :exports both
> plot((0:10)^2,type="l")
> #+END_SRC
>

> It does not work.
> It produces text output and then stops.
> When I run latex on this manually, TeX complains about a missing bounding box.

- Your code block uses ":file first.png". Your LaTeX error complains
about a file named agegraph.png. Assuming the above is just a
reproducible example where you changed the file name, and that the
error was copied/pasted from your real example?

- Is the file first.png created and when you open it, is it correct
and read by your viewer?

- When you switch to the *R* buffer and do getwd(), is the directory
the same as your output .tex file and .png picture?

Not sure these questions will be of relevance, just some that came to
mind based on errors I've had, though I've not had a bounding box
error before.

Also, a quick google search returned this; you might not have an Org issue here:
- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/731933/error-including-image-in-latex
- http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/6852/cannot-determine-size-of-graphic-in-no-boundingbox

John

@ 2012-09-11 21:05 ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2012-09-11 21:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Excuse my sloppy report, I copied from the wrong terminal window.
And after rebooting my Mac, things suddenly worked again.

@ 2012-09-11 22:05   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2012-09-11 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Neuwirth Erich; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Neuwirth Erich
<erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> wrote:
> Excuse my sloppy report, I copied from the wrong terminal window.
> And after rebooting my Mac, things suddenly worked again.

No worries, and an unknown solution still gets the job done :)

John