If the poll is still open, I vote don’t change the default. Unless I missed a prior good argument for changing it… Or, unless, upon first invocation, org-mode guided you through or prompted you to changing your defaults, or at the very least, offered/insisted upon your reading ORG-NEWS. Otherwise, I think Jon is spot on in his assessment of “what’s going to happen” to many. From: Emacs-orgmode On Behalf Of Tim Cross Sent: Monday, April 30, 2018 5:25 PM To: Jon Snader Cc: Bastien ; Org-mode Subject: Re: [O] [POLL] Should Org tempo be enabled by default? (expand templates thru e.g. "> wrote: Richard Lawrence > writes: Jon Snader > writes: I use the