* Automatically select BibTex entries used in the org file
@ 2010-10-19  8:27 Lingyu Ma
From: Lingyu Ma @ 2010-10-19  8:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

At present, if I include a *.bib which has 1000 entries in an org-file, although I only cite 3 of them in the org-file, the generated html file will still include all the 1000 entries.

There was an issue about "org-exp-bibtex.el" in this newsgroup, here is the address:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg11723.html

In the issue, "Taru Karttunen" said it's possible and easy to add an option to just select the entries that are used in the org-file.
However, I cannot find anything about how to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance!

* Automatically select BibTex entries used in the org file
@ 2010-10-19  8:37 Pony
From: Pony @ 2010-10-19  8:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

At present, if I include a *.bib which has 1000 entries in an org-file,
although I only cite 3 of them in the org-file, the generated html file
will still include all the 1000 entries.

There was an issue about "org-exp-bibtex.el" in this newsgroup,
here is the address:
http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg11723.html

In the issue, "Taru Karttunen" said it's possible and easy to add an option
to just select the entries that are used in the org-file.
However, I cannot find anything about how to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance!

* Re: Automatically select BibTex entries used in the org file
@ 2010-10-20 11:31 ` Taru Karttunen
From: Taru Karttunen @ 2010-10-20 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lingyu Ma, emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:27:30 +0200, Lingyu Ma <pppooonnnyyy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> At present, if I include a *.bib which has 1000 entries in an org-file, although I only cite 3 of them in the org-file, the generated html file will still include all the 1000 entries.
>
> There was an issue about "org-exp-bibtex.el" in this newsgroup, here is the address:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg11723.html
>
> In the issue, "Taru Karttunen" said it's possible and easy to add an option to just select the entries that are used in the org-file.
> However, I cannot find anything about how to accomplish that.
>
> Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

The feature mentioned there didn't get implemented.

You can use the bib2bib command to create a bibtex file with the entries
you want and use that.

- Taru Karttunen

* Re: Automatically select BibTex entries used in the org file
@ 2010-10-20 14:30   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-10-20 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Taru Karttunen; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode, Lingyu Ma

Taru Karttunen <taruti@taruti.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:27:30 +0200, Lingyu Ma <pppooonnnyyy@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > At present, if I include a *.bib which has 1000 entries in an org-file, although I only cite 3 of them in the org-file, the generated html file will still include all the 1000 entries.
> >
> > There was an issue about "org-exp-bibtex.el" in this newsgroup, here is the address:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/emacs-orgmode@gnu.org/msg11723.html
> >
> > In the issue, "Taru Karttunen" said it's possible and easy to add an option to just select the entries that are used in the org-file.
> > However, I cannot find anything about how to accomplish that.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
>
> The feature mentioned there didn't get implemented.
>
> You can use the bib2bib command to create a bibtex file with the entries
> you want and use that.

Are you sure? I found a limit:t option mentioned in the commentary of
the file, and I posted that. I didn't try it myself but I got email from
Lingyu saying it worked. Maybe you implemented it and forgot about it?

Nick

* Re: Automatically select BibTex entries used in the org file
@ 2010-10-20 16:15     ` Taru Karttunen
From: Taru Karttunen @ 2010-10-20 16:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode, Lingyu Ma

On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:30:01 -0400, Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com> wrote:
> Are you sure? I found a limit:t option mentioned in the commentary of
> the file, and I posted that. I didn't try it myself but I got email from
> Lingyu saying it worked. Maybe you implemented it and forgot about it?

That might be the case. Sorry for the noise.

- Taru