* Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
@ 2008-12-03 12:42 iemacs
From: iemacs @ 2008-12-03 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

The file content is something like below example
#+BEGIN_BLOCKQUOTE
1. a

- [ ] b
#+END_BLOCKQUOTE

If I press Alt-Enter at the end of first line, I get
#+BEGIN_BLOCKQUOTE
1. a
2.

3. [ ] b
#+END_BLOCKQUOTE

It seems that plain lists can not be mixed with checkboxes in the same level.

The org-version is 6.13a.

--
Kind regards,

Tian Qiu

* Re: Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
@ 2008-12-03 14:13 ` Sebastian Rose
From: Sebastian Rose @ 2008-12-03 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi iemacs,

don't know, if I got you. As I see it, the checkbox item stays a
checkbox item.

Org looks to start of line, sees it's in a numbered list and adjusts the
following item accordingly.

BTW: on export (LaTeX and HTML alike), you'll either have a numbered
list, or a bulleted one. Never mixed.

I assume you meant:

=> --->8----------------------------->8----------------------------->8---

* this is a headline

  1. a

  - [ ] b

<= ---8<-----------------------------8<-----------------------------8<---

???

Regards,

   Sebastian

--
Sebastian Rose, EMMA STIL - mediendesign, Niemeyerstr.6, 30449 Hannover

Tel.:  +49 (0)511 - 36 58 472
Fax:   +49 (0)1805 - 233633 - 11044
mobil: +49 (0)173 - 83 93 417
Email: s.rose emma-stil de, sebastian_rose gmx de
Http:  www.emma-stil.de

* Re: Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
@ 2008-12-03 14:38   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-12-03 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:

> don't know, if I got you. As I see it, the checkbox item stays a
> checkbox item.
>
> Org looks to start of line, sees it's in a numbered list and adjusts the
> following item accordingly.

I think the original poster intended this to be 2 lists not 1.  The
numbered list (a) and the unnumbered list (b) and was expecting
something like

,----
| 1. a
| 2.
|
| - [ ] b
`----

instead of having b as number 3.

-Bernt

* Re: Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
@ 2008-12-03 14:40 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-03 14:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Tian,

In Org-mode, you cannot mix different bullet types
in the same list.  When you add a new item, with M-RET,
the list will be checked and all the bullets will be
forced to be the same type (and if the list is numbered,
it will be renumbered).  In your example, since the first
item is a numbered item, all the items in the plain list
are forced to be numbered items.  The same will happen
if you go to the checkbox item itself and press M-RET
there.

However, your checkbox is still a checkbox!  Any
plain-list bullet type can support a checkbox, so also
numbered plain lists can do that.

Hope this helps.

- Carsten

On Dec 3, 2008, at 1:42 PM, iemacs@gmail.com wrote:

> The file content is something like below example
> #+BEGIN_BLOCKQUOTE
> 1. a
>
> - [ ] b
> #+END_BLOCKQUOTE
>
> If I press Alt-Enter at the end of first line, I get
> #+BEGIN_BLOCKQUOTE
> 1. a
> 2.
>
> 3. [ ] b
> #+END_BLOCKQUOTE
>
> It seems that plain lists can not be mixed with checkboxes in the
> same level.
>
> The org-version is 6.13a.
>
> --
> Kind regards,
>
> Tian Qiu

* Re: Re: Bug - using Plain lists and Checkboxes in the same level
@ 2008-12-03 14:43     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 3, 2008, at 3:38 PM, Bernt Hansen wrote:

> Sebastian Rose <sebastian_rose@gmx.de> writes:
>
>> don't know, if I got you. As I see it, the checkbox item stays a
>> checkbox item.
>>
>> Org looks to start of line, sees it's in a numbered list and
>> adjusts the
>> following item accordingly.
>
> I think the original poster intended this to be 2 lists not 1.  The
> numbered list (a) and the unnumbered list (b) and was expecting
> something like
>
> ,----
> | 1. a
> | 2.
> |
> | - [ ] b
> `----
>
> instead of having b as number 3.

The only way to do this is to put a line of text between these two
lists, a line that is not indented.

- Carsten