Christian Wittern, on the road On Aug 25, 2010, at 17:39, Eric S Fraga wrote: >> >> to >> >> hello [\J ウ ] or: (\J ウ) >> >> [] and () are not escaped >> >> cheers, >> Giovanni > > I think because the {}'s define a scope in latex and so the \J only > affects text surrounded by the {}. > Exactly. > > For Christian, what about "\J{ text }" instead as org is careful to > let this type of construct go through unchanged, if I understand > correctly. This does depend on how you have defined J but possibly a > slight redefinition would work (\newcommand{\J}[1]{.... #1}). I had tried this first, but somehow the font was not switched back. But now, looking at your example, I think it might have been because of a missing space. I will give it a try. Thanks a lot, Christian