* Problems exporting LaTeX source code
@ 2013-03-19 16:37 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2013-03-19 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Using org mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-91-g437c62), I'm having
trouble exporting LaTeX lists (itemize, description). Here's a sample file:

#+title: Sample org file
* Section 1
Some LaTeX source:
#+begin_src latex :exports source
\begin{itemize}
\item Item 1
\item Item 2
\end{itemize}
#+end_src

1) When I export this to HTML, I get a box showing "\begin{itemize}" but
the rest of the box is blank.

2) When I export to LaTeX/PDF, I get something like (this is cut and
pasted from the PDF file):

Some LATEX source:
[frame=lines,fontsize=,linenos]latex
€ Item 1
€ Item 2

In other words, it looks like the LaTeX source is actually being compiled,
and some internal org-mode exporter options look like they're being
exported to the PDF file.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Thanks.

Richard Stanton

* Re: Problems exporting LaTeX source code
@ 2013-03-19 17:04 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-03-19 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Stanton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Richard Stanton <stanton@haas.berkeley.edu> writes:

> Using org mode version 8.0-pre (release_8.0-pre-91-g437c62), I'm having
> trouble exporting LaTeX lists (itemize, description). Here's a sample file:
>
> #+title: Sample org file
> * Section 1
> Some LaTeX source:
> #+begin_src latex :exports source
> \begin{itemize}
> \item Item 1
> \item Item 2
> \end{itemize}
> #+end_src
>

> 1) When I export this to HTML, I get a box showing "\begin{itemize}" but
> the rest of the box is blank.
>
> 2) When I export to LaTeX/PDF, I get something like (this is cut and
> pasted from the PDF file):
>
> Some LATEX source:
> [frame=lines,fontsize=,linenos]latex
> € Item 1
> € Item 2
>

> In other words, it looks like the LaTeX source is actually being compiled,
> and some internal org-mode exporter options look like they're being
> exported to the PDF file.
>
> Am I doing something wrong here?

Perhaps.  I don't see =source= on the list of :exports header arguments.
If you change =source= to =code= does it work?

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Problems exporting LaTeX source code
@ 2013-03-19 17:13   ` Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 2013-03-19 17:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks for the suggestion, Thomas.

I changed "source" to "code" and tried again. The results were exactly the
same as with "source".

Best,

Richard Stanton