* How to export or use org-mode data on Blackberry device?
@ 2012-07-12 21:02 M
From: M @ 2012-07-12 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm using Emacs org-mode for task and information management in a business
environment dominated by Microsoft products (Windows, Office, ...).

My mobile phone is a Blackberry and I wonder if it is possible to export my
task list (agendas) in a format readable by the Blackberry and if there
might be even a way to have a mobile application on the Blackberry sync'ed
to my org-mode data.

Kind regards

Martin

* Re: How to export or use org-mode data on Blackberry device?
@ 2012-07-12 23:48 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-07-12 23:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

M <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> My mobile phone is a Blackberry and I wonder if it is possible to export my
> task list (agendas) in a format readable by the Blackberry

What is the format you need?

> and if there
> might be even a way to have a mobile application on the Blackberry sync'ed
> to my org-mode data.

Did you search the web?  I did and I don't think there is such an
application.  Your only chance is to develop it yourself, to pay
someone to develop it, or to wait for someone to do it for you.

But let's fix the format issue above first.

Best,

--
 Bastien

* Re: How to export or use org-mode data on Blackberry device?
@ 2012-07-15 19:17   ` M
From: M @ 2012-07-15 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bastien,

thanks for your answer!

Sorry, my question about the "format" might have been unclear - I did not
have a special format in mind but e. g. I suppose that some HTML output
could at least be readable by blackberry devices, so I Imagine that a HTML
export of the agenda (together with all content of org-files) could be used
to have a readable HTML-agenda wich contains links to the corresponding
information about tasks in the org-files (also displayed with HTML markup).

Does such an export feature exist?

My question aimed at people who maybe use org-mode AND a Blackberry and have
found a way to also use the org-mode-info ON the Blackberry (at least as
read-only).

> Did you search the web?  I did and I don't think there is such an
> application.
Yes, I did (before asking here) and I had also found nothing.
However, I read about "mobile org" and I wondered if that maybe could be
ported with limited effort to a blackberry device?!

Kind regards

Martin

@ 2012-08-01 14:34     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-01 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Martin,

M <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> Sorry, my question about the "format" might have been unclear - I did not
> have a special format in mind but e. g. I suppose that some HTML output
> could at least be readable by blackberry devices, so I Imagine that a HTML
> export of the agenda (together with all content of org-files) could be used
> to have a readable HTML-agenda wich contains links to the corresponding
> information about tasks in the org-files (also displayed with HTML markup).
>
> Does such an export feature exist?

Yes -- see `org-agenda-write' and `org-batch-store-agenda-views'.

> Yes, I did (before asking here) and I had also found nothing.
> However, I read about "mobile org" and I wondered if that maybe could be
> ported with limited effort to a blackberry device?!

Nothing really happens with "limited effort"... :)

--
 Bastien