Turns out that the issue was caused by trying to disable a flycheck checker using the org edit src hook On Mon, Dec 18, 2017, 6:30 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Hello, > > Paul Davis writes: > > > Using ~C-c '~ to edit a src block works as expected, but if I make > > changes and use ~C-c '~ again, I get the error ~Cannot modify an area > > being edited in a dedicated buffer~ > > I need more information. Where do you make changes? In the newly created > buffer? Where do you call ~C-c '~? > > For example, I created the following buffer > > #+begin_src emacs-lisp > (+ 1 2) > #+end_src > > moved on the source block, used C-c '. Then, in the new buffer, > I replaced 2 with 3 and pressed C-c ' again, without any error? > > IOW, could you provide a precise recipe demonstrating the issue? > > Thank you. > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou >