emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author
@ 2022-02-18  7:00 Monstara
  2022-02-18 11:55 ` John Kitchin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Monstara @ 2022-02-18  7:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 422 bytes --]

Hello, I found an incomplete implementation
<https://github.com/rkiggen/ob-powershell> of ob-powershell and fixed it
<https://github.com/MoisMoshev/ob-powershell>.
However, the original did not have a license, so it is not possible to
proceed further, e.g. put it up on melpa.
Is the original author here on the list? I think they do not have a contact
address on github. Also posted on reddit to no avail.

Regards,
Mois

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 537 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author
  2022-02-18  7:00 ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author Monstara
@ 2022-02-18 11:55 ` John Kitchin
  2022-02-18 12:28   ` Monstara
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: John Kitchin @ 2022-02-18 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Monstara; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 801 bytes --]

Try posting an issue on the original repo?

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 2:02 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I found an incomplete implementation
> <https://github.com/rkiggen/ob-powershell> of ob-powershell and fixed it
> <https://github.com/MoisMoshev/ob-powershell>.
> However, the original did not have a license, so it is not possible to
> proceed further, e.g. put it up on melpa.
> Is the original author here on the list? I think they do not have a
> contact address on github. Also posted on reddit to no avail.
>
> Regards,
> Mois
>
-- 
John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1511 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author
  2022-02-18 11:55 ` John Kitchin
@ 2022-02-18 12:28   ` Monstara
  2022-02-18 14:13     ` John Kitchin
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Monstara @ 2022-02-18 12:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1015 bytes --]

I already made a pull request. The repo has not been touched for about five
years, though.

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 1:56 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> Try posting an issue on the original repo?
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 2:02 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello, I found an incomplete implementation
>> <https://github.com/rkiggen/ob-powershell> of ob-powershell and fixed it
>> <https://github.com/MoisMoshev/ob-powershell>.
>> However, the original did not have a license, so it is not possible to
>> proceed further, e.g. put it up on melpa.
>> Is the original author here on the list? I think they do not have a
>> contact address on github. Also posted on reddit to no avail.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Mois
>>
> --
> John
>
> -----------------------------------
> Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
> Doherty Hall A207F
> Department of Chemical Engineering
> Carnegie Mellon University
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
> 412-268-7803
> @johnkitchin
> http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
>
>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 1886 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author
  2022-02-18 12:28   ` Monstara
@ 2022-02-18 14:13     ` John Kitchin
  2022-02-18 21:24       ` Monstara
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: John Kitchin @ 2022-02-18 14:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Monstara; +Cc: org-mode-email

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1464 bytes --]

I guess the author is here:
https://list.orgmode.org/186354732.20201118123440@essential-it.be/


John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu



On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 7:28 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:

> I already made a pull request. The repo has not been touched for about
> five years, though.
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 1:56 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
> wrote:
>
>> Try posting an issue on the original repo?
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 2:02 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I found an incomplete implementation
>>> <https://github.com/rkiggen/ob-powershell> of ob-powershell and fixed it
>>> <https://github.com/MoisMoshev/ob-powershell>.
>>> However, the original did not have a license, so it is not possible to
>>> proceed further, e.g. put it up on melpa.
>>> Is the original author here on the list? I think they do not have a
>>> contact address on github. Also posted on reddit to no avail.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Mois
>>>
>> --
>> John
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
>> Doherty Hall A207F
>> Department of Chemical Engineering
>> Carnegie Mellon University
>> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
>> 412-268-7803
>> @johnkitchin
>> http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
>>
>>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 2985 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author
  2022-02-18 14:13     ` John Kitchin
@ 2022-02-18 21:24       ` Monstara
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Monstara @ 2022-02-18 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: org-mode-email

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1661 bytes --]

Thanks a bunch, contacted him right away!

Mois


On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 4:13 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
wrote:

> I guess the author is here:
> https://list.orgmode.org/186354732.20201118123440@essential-it.be/
>
>
> John
>
> -----------------------------------
> Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
> Doherty Hall A207F
> Department of Chemical Engineering
> Carnegie Mellon University
> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
> 412-268-7803
> @johnkitchin
> http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 7:28 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I already made a pull request. The repo has not been touched for about
>> five years, though.
>>
>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 1:56 PM John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Try posting an issue on the original repo?
>>>
>>> On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 2:02 AM Monstara <monstara@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello, I found an incomplete implementation
>>>> <https://github.com/rkiggen/ob-powershell> of ob-powershell and fixed
>>>> it <https://github.com/MoisMoshev/ob-powershell>.
>>>> However, the original did not have a license, so it is not possible to
>>>> proceed further, e.g. put it up on melpa.
>>>> Is the original author here on the list? I think they do not have a
>>>> contact address on github. Also posted on reddit to no avail.
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Mois
>>>>
>>> --
>>> John
>>>
>>> -----------------------------------
>>> Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
>>> Doherty Hall A207F
>>> Department of Chemical Engineering
>>> Carnegie Mellon University
>>> Pittsburgh, PA 15213
>>> 412-268-7803
>>> @johnkitchin
>>> http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu
>>>
>>>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 3414 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-02-18 21:25 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-02-18  7:00 ob-powershell fixes, looking for original author Monstara
2022-02-18 11:55 ` John Kitchin
2022-02-18 12:28   ` Monstara
2022-02-18 14:13     ` John Kitchin
2022-02-18 21:24       ` Monstara

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).