Yes, that wouldn't be supported - although certainly in my case what was making it slow *were* the messages. I'd be fine with displaying every second, but I don't see a good way of doing this - do you have any suggestions? On Fri, Aug 1, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Michael Brand wrote: > Hi Nathaniel > > On Tue, Jul 29, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Nathaniel Flath > wrote: > > This patch speeds up org-table-recalculate by removing all 'message' > > function calls. Additionally adds an early check for whether there are > any > > formulas and only executes the rest of the function if so. > > As far as I understand these `message' were added to see the progress > of a long lasting recalculation which would not be supported any more > with your patch. But I agree that it would be sufficient to report the > current field/line only every let's say one second and suppress the > others to gain speed for use cases like yours. > > Michael >