Hi Jeff, I just saw your question about removing paragraph indent, and adding space between paragraphs. You can do that with the following LaTeX commands: \setlength{\parskip}{1ex plus 0.5ex minus 0.2ex} %% Add space between paragraphs \setlength{\parindent}{0pt} %% Do not indent paragraphs You can put them at the top of your org document like so: #+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\parskip}{1ex plus 0.5ex minus 0.2ex} %% Add space between paragraphs #+LATEX_HEADER: \setlength{\parindent}{0pt} %% Do not indent paragraphs I hope this helps! -Anthony On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 8:27 AM, Jeff Rush wrote: > I'm trying to export a .org file to .pdf and although I've gotten past > many formatting hurdles, I am stuck on two problems. > > 1) How can I redefine, in my org-export-latex-classes variable, the > \section definition, such that it includes \pagebreak? > My reason is that I would like each of my top-level headings to > start on a new page, like a new chapter. > > 2) How can I change the basic formatting of paragraphs everywhere to > > a) omit the leading indent, and > b) have a blank line between paragraphs > > Instead of this strange-looking style: > > This is a test paragraph > of the following kind of thing. > And so is this one. > > I want it to look like this: > > This is a test paragraph > of the following kind of thing. > And so is this one. > > Thanks for any helpful souls out there. I'm working on learning LaTeX > but can't see how the various parts of the "article" base class fit > together and how to selectively override them. > > -Jeff > > >