Hi Alan, Thanks for the patch. It looks OK to me - can you please go ahead and apply it to the file? Also, feel free to add your name to the contributor list at the top of the file. Thanks! -Anthony On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote: > Hello, > > Please find attached a small patch to org-mac-link.el for the functions > creating links to messages in Mail.app. > > The problem was that calling the org-mac-message-insert-selected would > always add a spurious first link with empty url and an escaped quote as > text. It would also leave another escaped quote at the end of the text > of the real link. > > The patch makes sure that no extra empty line is created during the > AppleScript call, and removes the escaped quotes around the whole value > returned from AppleScript. I have left the code that removes additional > quotes around individual links if they are there, but I don't think it's > needed (I don't see how they could occur there). > > Best, > > Alan > >