Hmmm, Recently I started to use source code blocks as a kind of init for a certain task, set variables, modify stuff. That is, execution of a source code block once at the beginning, e.g. after opening an org file. Thus, I was thinking about automatically execution too. Would it help if there would be a approval necessary by the user. A list of trusted organisation files could be compared to execute a start block without approval. Sure there are still possible attack scenarios but that's what you pay for more comfort ;) Totti On Feb 9, 2012 2:28 AM, "Eric S Fraga" wrote: > Eric Schulte writes: > > > Thomas Alexander Gerds writes: > > [...] > > >> now, I would like to tell org to evaluate the lisp code at startup, when > >> the org-file is opened. can this be achieved? particularly, is there a > >> startup special line which tells org to evaluate the lisp src block? I > >> could add a suitable function to org-mode-hook, but is this the > >> recommended way? > >> Tomy > >> > > There is not currently any support for evaluating specific code blocks > > on buffer open. You could move your elisp code into a > > buffer-local-variable block (which can house functions) and which are > > evaluated when buffers are opened. I believe all changes made in such > > blocks are buffer local, so that may be your best bet. > > and I would be uncomfortable having code execute automatically upon > visiting an org file... > > however, I would imagine it should be possible to add something to > org-mode-hook that would execute a predefined src code block, e.g. maybe > one named "startup" or probably a bit more specific? I wouldn't know > the babel invocation required, mind you, but I'm others can help here! > > -- > : Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1 > : using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.325.g5847) > > >