Hi, I have a few functions defined with babel, which need to work on an list of tables. At the moment I use something like :var table1= :var table2= etc. As you can see this is rather inflexible. I am looking for a way to receive a list of tables, whereas table[0] would refer to the first table, etc. Does someone know how to achieve this? To make the best use of both worlds, I thought it would be nice to define a list which contains the names of the tables and somehow manage to access the tables from this list. #+NAME: listoftables - name1 - name2 - name3 #+CALL: myfunction(lst=listoftables) I tried to play around with this idea but did not get a solution yet For the moment I receive the names of the tables only as a string and search for ways to actually transfer the table itself. Thanks for ideas and thoughts... Torsten