Hi, if I use #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 2 and export the entire document, the export is done correct. First level ("*") is translated as section, second level headlines ("**") as slide titles and third level as headline for content of the slides. However, if I only want to export a subtree it does not work. Now, first level headlines are omitted, second level headlines become sections in the latex file and third level headlines are missing. If I set #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL: 1 subtree export is working again as desired but sure export the entire document is now wrong. My guess would be that the subtree export is not taking care of the #+BEAMER_FRAME_LEVEL property correctly. But this would not explain why headlines are omitted. Please find attached a minimal example to reproduce this behaviour. Thanks Torsten