Hmmm... nice! Maybe it helps to bring finally peace between Vi and Emacs users. I will forward it to my Vi-friends:) Torsten On Nov 3, 2011 9:31 AM, "Herbert Sitz" wrote: > I just formally pushed up a new version of VimOrganizer, an Org clone in > Vim. > > This version is much closer to being a true alternative to using Org-mode > in > Emacs. I say alternative to "using Org-mode in Emacs", because > VimOrganizer in > large part operate as a front end to Org-mode by making calls to a running > Emacs > server. All of the export functionality is done this way, as is access to > stuff > like Org-babel, spreadsheet evaluation, live blocks like clocktables, > column > blocks, etc. > > I'd be glad to hear any feedback, comments, suggestions. . . > > An intro to some of the stuff in the new version is here: > https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer/blob/master/intro.txt > > Git page is here: > https://github.com/hsitz/VimOrganizer > > And the page on Vim's website is here: > http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3342 > > I will try to get some videos of the new functionality in next day or two. > One > main thing I'm happy about is I extended my patch of Vim to allow separate > highlighting of TODO items on folded headings. Previously my patch enabled > level-dependent fold highlighting, but always showed TODOs in same color > as the > folded heading. Much nicer to have everything collapsed and still have the > TODOs pop out at you. > > Thanks to everybody on here who's provided help for my (sometimes silly) > questions about Org-mode and how it works. I'm starting to really > appreciate > elisp, so who knows what the future holds. . . > > Regards, > > Herb > > > >