From: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>
To: Torsten Wagner <torsten.wagner@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: org-caldav feedback
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 15:38:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi David,

time is correct now using "UTC" thanks a lot.

My test suite runs fine with the SOGo server, so I'm guessing it has to
> do with how you format your entries. Does this also happen when you put
> the timestamp underneath the heading?
>
> Tested and you are right. Adding a timestamp in the body doesn't get lost
during sync.
Actually, I guess the problem is a combination of export and import to
org-mode.
During the export, the timestamp gets read in correctly, however, it get
stripped from the Summary line (which is good).
During the import, org-caldav does not find a timestamp in the body to
update and does nothing (wild speculation).

A possible solution would be to teach org-caldav to update the timestamp
within the node header if available.
I see the problem that you might changed the text in the summary field in
the caldav calendar, which potentially mess up the header (where to place
the old  timestamp within the context of the new text?!) but for now, I
would suggest to simply search for a timestamp within the node-header and
update it by adding a new timestamp at the very end (but before tags ;) ).
In addition a new variable

org-caldav-timestamp-pos which can be either "header" or "body"

could indicate where to place the timestamp for a new entry coming from
caldav.

Thanks again for this great work and I really appreciate your help and
effort

Torsten

On a general note, I find manipulating Org entries rather delicate and