Hi Ihor, With straight.el, it's Org mode version 9.5.3. If I open the file with emacs -Q, I'm surprised to see that I get a different warning message: File mode specification error: (void-variable org-fold-core-style) This is on emacs 28.1, which uses Org mode version 9.5.2 On Mon, May 30, 2022 at 10:09 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Scott Otterson writes: > > > Having just updated to emacs 28.1, I'm seeing the warning > > > > org-element--cache: Unregistered buffer > > > > every time I open a .org file. I also notice that org-superstar no > longer > > works. > > > > These problems persist if I delete my .emacs.d and let straight.el > rebuild > > everything. > > Thanks for reporting! You appear to use straight.el. Can you please > share the output of M-x org-version? straight.el is known to create > problems when Org is loaded late in you config. > See https://github.com/radian-software/straight.el/issues/947 > > Also, can you try to open the problematic files using bare Emacs > starting from emacs -Q? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html > > Best, > Ihor >