Hi Nicolas. On Tue, Aug 9, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: >> I would love to hear how other people feel about this. > > Same here. I don't use such blocks very often after all. > > Meanwhile, could you please reformat a bit your patch (no more than 80 > columns, no parents on their own line), add a commit message followed > by TINYCHANGE (unless you have signed FSF papers already) and use git > format-patch for the output? Sure. I have attached the output. >>> To sum it up, in the first case, you only loose the ability to indent >>> the whole buffer in one go (which isn't as bad as it sounds, since you >>> can achieve that differently). >> >> How else would you be able to achieve that? > > You may still indent regions without examples blocks, you can also > indent automatically each line you're writing. True, but that gets quite tedious once you have more than two or three blocks in your file. >> I might be wrong, but I believe that at least in LaTeX indentation in >> verse blocks is not taken into account. This seems reasonable since >> they are not typeset in a monospaced font. > > Actually indentation is partially taken into account. Some \hspace*{1cm} > are added. On the other hand, HTML enforces indentation with the help of >  . Your right, it seems that org-mode somehow deals with it, even though LaTeX doesn't quite support it natively. Best regards, Valentin