Nick, thanks for reposting and for your comment. Sorry, I mistakenly sent the e-mail to you instead of the list. Just a further comment on this problem: I have the impression that this behaviour of all files not being correctly added to the org-agenda-files started when I chose the option R[emove] file from org-agenda-files proposed by org. This occured when org tried to build the agenda but realised that one of the files named in org-agenda-files was not there. After that, it is my impression, the problems started. I have knowingly not made any alteration to the emacs init sequence of my emacs. Could there be something in the org code for agenda that spurs this behaviour? How could I debug this? /Tor 2013/10/24 Nick Dokos > > [I got a private reply from Tor Eriksson which was obviously meant for > the list, so I am taking the liberty of reposting it here.] > > > Tor Eriksson writes: > > > > Eric, Nick, Nicolas, thanks for the feedback. > > > > I tried (setq org-agenda-files '("~/org/")) instead, but on my > > installation it only finds files in this particular dir, not files in > > subdirs to that dir (which is what I want as well). > > > > Now, I tried C-c C-c (in org mode) right on the expression responsible > > for set org-agenda-files in my .emacs.d starterkit file (described in > > the earlier e-mail). To my surprise, this loads all the files into > > org-agenda-files correctly, including the file I renamed. Of course, > > if I now look in the agenda all my dates are there. > > > > However, when shuting off emacs and restarting it, it goes back to the > > old behaviour of loading all files except the newly renamed file. It > > is really strange. > > > > So, when starting from scratch via .emacs.d/starterkit, the file name > > of the new file fails to be set but all other file names are set > > correctly/pushed into org-agenda-files. When evaluating, with C-c C-c, > > the code in starterkit which loads the files to org-agenda-files, all > > files load correctly. > > > > Anyone having an explanation to this? If you have any suggestion for > > debugging please provide some short instruction, I am fairly good in > > programming in general but I am not super conversant with Emacs in > > particular. > > > > I suspect you are somehow setting the variable again later in your > .emacs (or your custom file or ...), thereby overwriting its earlier > value. Or there is something going on with starterkit perhaps, but > somebody else will have to chime in here - I know nothing about > starterkit. > > > I would be really greatful if we could solve this. > > -- > Nick > > > > >