From: Gez <suleika@gmail.com>
To: mail@christianmoe.com
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Idea: insert "current sort order" property
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 16:59:35 +0100	[thread overview]

On 12 October 2011 13:16, Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> wrote:
 If you like it and want it available the next time you start Emacs,
> just copy it into your .emacs file (only the bit *between* the #+BEGIN_SRC
> and #+END_SRC lines).

It's in my .emacs now - I have just tested it and it seems to work
perfectly.  Thank you so much for it.  And thanks for explaining what
to do with code snippets.

I do use revisioning, but Is there a protocol I should use for testing
code snippets before using them on my original data or can they be
considered safe after being run once?

One thing that might be useful to add to the code please ...   If when
prompting for the property key, TAB brought up the list of
auto-complete keys (like when using C-c C-x p) that would make for
easier maintenance and consistency; e.g. when I deliberately want to
overwrite a previous outline index it would avoid a second set of
properties being written accidentally if I made a typo.

Gez