Thank you for your answer, and sorry for the late reply Ok I think I understood the mechanism, but I don't understand how to use this regular expression (the one given by, for example, (org-tags-expand "GTD") which gives me the regular expression "with the other tags" ) I see perfectly the idea : a search is done with org-agenda with this regular expression. But I can't use it. The problem is that I don't know how to use this regular expression with a function that returns the tags. Do you have any clue (piece of code where it is already used ? A function allowing me to translate this regular expression into a simple tag? Do I just have to convert this regular expression into a list of tags? Is it possible? I'm asking myself all these questions because I just don't know where to go ^^) Thanks in advance for your future answer. Le lun. 29 août 2022 à 13:57, Ihor Radchenko a écrit : > Cletip Cletip writes: > > > Yes I understand both perfectly. I think some people (like me) would like > > to connect them, others would not want to bring them together. > > But how to get the hierarchy (or the families) used by org agenda with a > > function like "org-get-tags" ? > > You will probably need to combine org-get-tags output with regexp > generated by org-tags-expand. Tag hierarchy in Org is a just a search > wrapper - no real tags are changed in the file; only the matching. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at https://orgmode.org/. > Support Org development at https://liberapay.com/org-mode, > or support my work at https://liberapay.com/yantar92 >