Hello to all, The question is the same as the object, but it can be more detailed with this question: what are the differences between description lists and other lists? After many researches, I can't understand the fundamental difference. I can see two advantages to using this type of list: - they are made implicitly to make a "key :: value" couple, which can be convenient - they can be useful when exporting: they have a different style than other lists and can be used for some other things. For example, with the use of org-roam (or even org-normal), if I want to export a note with properties containing a link, I can't (the link is badly exported). You can try with the following document : :PROPERTIES: :ID: 20220617115633324937 :SOURCE: [[id:20220617105453042719][Emacs]] :CITE: [cite:@DifferenceSemantiqueEntre2022] :END: #+title: Test Page #+OPTIONS: prop:t - cite :: [cite:@DifferenceSemantiqueEntre2022] - source :: [[id:20220617105453042719][Emacs]] * Title and some content after here Morehover, this type of data can be exploited by the Vulpea library ( https://github.com/d12frosted/vulpea), which could allow to add other information to each note. Final question : why do you use description lists and not another ? PS : Thank you very much in advance for your future response, I discover this original system to ask questions and I hope not to abuse it by asking this type of questions ^^