* Publishing sitemap
@ 2014-06-18  7:54 Rawal, Vikas (ESD)
From: Rawal, Vikas (ESD) @ 2014-06-18  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I publish my web-site using org-mode, with suitable options in my org-publish-projects-alist, I can get org-publish to create a sitemap.

Is it possible to just create the sitemap without publishing the whole project? I sometimes update a single file, and just publish it using org-publish-current-file. I would like the changes (for example, date) or if a new file is being published, the file itself, reflected in the sitemap.  But I can’t do it unless I publish the whole project.

Is there a way to deal with this?

Vikas

* Publishing sitemap
@ 2014-06-18  7:54 Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2014-06-18  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I publish my web-site using org-mode, with suitable options in my org-publish-projects-alist, I can get org-publish to create a sitemap.

Is it possible to just create the sitemap without publishing the whole project? I sometimes update a single file, and just publish it using org-publish-current-file. I would like the changes (for example, date) or if a new file is being published, the file itself, reflected in the sitemap.  But I can’t do it unless I publish the whole project.

Is there a way to deal with this?

Vikas

* Re: Publishing sitemap
@ 2014-06-18 13:57 ` Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2014-06-18 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-06-18 03:54, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> When I publish my web-site using org-mode, with suitable options in my
> org-publish-projects-alist, I can get org-publish to create a sitemap.
>
> Is it possible to just create the sitemap without publishing the whole
> project? I sometimes update a single file, and just publish it using
> org-publish-current-file. I would like the changes (for example, date)
> or if a new file is being published, the file itself, reflected in the
> sitemap.  But I can’t do it unless I publish the whole project.
>
> Is there a way to deal with this?

Looking at the source for `org-publish-projects' (grep for sitemamp in
ox-publish) it looks like the sitemap is generated in this line:

(if sitemap-p (funcall sitemap-function project sitemap-filename))

where `sitemap-function' defaults to `org-publish-org-sitemap'.

So (untested), you could try:

(org-publish-org-sitemap (assoc "my-project-name"
org-publish-project-alist)

where project is the actual properties list from `org-p

* Re: Publishing sitemap
@ 2014-06-18 14:02 Rick Frankel
From: Rick Frankel @ 2014-06-18 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: vikaslists; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sorry, hit the wrong key... completed response below.

On 2014-06-18 03:54, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> When I publish my web-site using org-mode, with suitable options in my
> org-publish-projects-alist, I can get org-publish to create a sitemap.
>
> Is it possible to just create the sitemap without publishing the whole
> project? I sometimes update a single file, and just publish it using
> org-publish-current-file. I would like the changes (for example, date)
> or if a new file is being published, the file itself, reflected in the
> sitemap.  But I can’t do it unless I publish the whole project.
>
> Is there a way to deal with this?

Looking at the source for `org-publish-projects' (grep for sitemamp in
ox-publish) it looks like the sitemap is generated in this line:

(if sitemap-p (funcall sitemap-function project sitemap-filename))

where `sitemap-function' defaults to `org-publish-org-sitemap'.

So (untested), you could try:

(org-publish-org-sitemap
(assoc "my-project-name" org-publish-project-alist)
"sitemap.txt")

rick

* Re: Publishing sitemap
@ 2014-06-19 11:32 ` Vikas Rawal
From: Vikas Rawal @ 2014-06-19 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

> So (untested), you could try:
>
> (org-publish-org-sitemap
> (assoc "my-project-name" org-publish-project-alist)
> "sitemap.txt”)

Thanks. Works just right.

Vikas

* Publishing sitemap