I'm aware of this theoretical conflict. But I see the risk as very low compared to the value of not having to make a lot of customizations for export and internal link handling. It should just work out of the box. If you deem necessary there would still be the possibility to define a global switch for this. This could then still have the 100% save default, while still being easy to "configure". If you want to go so far you could mitigate the risk of a conflict by "escaping" the macro brackets. {{{{{{not-a-macro}}}}}} would be treated as {{{not-a-marco}}} without expansion. Or any other escape sequence to bring the conflict probability to 0.0000001. Am Di., 27. Dez. 2022 um 16:51 Uhr schrieb Ihor Radchenko < yantar92@posteo.net>: > Michael Dauer writes: > > > I mean something like: > > * Heading > > [[http:abc{{{input-file}}}] > > > > When exporting it to html then the link is not replaced. > > This is to be expected, and I do think that Org is doing it right by not > replacing macros in links. > > You cannot exactly control what is inside link path - if an actual > website link happens to contain {{{...}}} pattern, you will have no > options left how to prevent Org from replacing that pattern. > > If you want to generate link paths programmatically, you can instead > define custom links types or link abbreviations. See > https://orgmode.org/manual/Link-Abbreviations.html and > https://orgmode.org/manual/Adding-Hyperlink-Types.html > > You can control custom link export as well. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >