Hi, If I did not miss it there is no way to specify arguments as optional for a macro definition. I've the following: (defun ct-action-plan (&optional up recently-done) ... (push '("action_plan" . "(eval (ct-action-plan $1 $2))") org-export-global-macros) The arguments of the function are specified as optional. The macro just call it with $1 and $2, which are nil if not stated like in the following: {{{action_plan}}} But here org-lint reports: 327 low Missing arguments in macro "action_plan" Is this a bug? Any ideas for a work-around to avoid confusion for my users. BTW: I came to this after working around the other reported bug of lint to ignore org-export-global-macros. thx, m