This is with the cursor on the first asterisk: Text content at position 299: There are text properties here: display [Show] face org-level-1 fontified t I could not test more positions because I accidentally cut it, and even an undo fixed it. I would have to wait until it happens again. Am Fr., 5. Mai 2023 um 19:43 Uhr schrieb Ihor Radchenko : > Michael Dauer writes: > > > Based on my analyses it's not the cycle functions, but must come from > > broken text attributes. Even (org-fold-core-region (point-min) > (point-max) > > nil) does not unfold the affected subtrees then. Assuming that > > (org-fold-core-region) is the only place where the folding and > > hiding happens, I expect the problem there. But I understand too little > > about the emacs internals to debug this function. > > May you please put a point right before the problematic fold, run > M-x describe-text-properties , and share the contents of the newly > displayed buffer listing all the text properties? > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >