* toggle-truncate-lines outside table and source regions
@ 2021-09-22  7:52 Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2021-09-22  7:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-org list

Hi all,
is it possible to instrument org-mode to automatically truncate lines
only on "regular" text, i.e., outside table and source regions?
I know why org-mode disables line truncation, but to me it is quite
annoying when dealing with long text lines.

Thanks,
Luca

* Re: toggle-truncate-lines outside table and source regions
@ 2021-09-22 13:49 ` Bill Burdick
From: Bill Burdick @ 2021-09-22 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

How about adding

(lambda () (toggle-truncate-lines 1))

to org-mode-hooks in your EMACS init file?

-- Bill

@ 2021-09-23  9:56   ` Luca Ferrari
From: Luca Ferrari @ 2021-09-23  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Burdick; +Cc: emacs-org list

On Wed, Sep 22, 2021 at 3:49 PM Bill Burdick <bill.burdick@gmail.com> wrote:

> How about adding
>
> (lambda () (toggle-truncate-lines 1))
>
> to org-mode-hooks in your EMACS init file?

isn't this the same as M-x toggle-truncate-lines ? Because it will
truncate every line, but I'm searching for a way to truncate only
text, and not tables nor code.
AM I misunderstanding your suggestion?

@ 2021-09-23 14:05     ` Bill Burdick
From: Bill Burdick @ 2021-09-23 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Luca Ferrari; +Cc: emacs-org list

Gah, sorry about that -- I didn't read your message carefully enough!

-- Bill

@ 2021-09-23 23:38       ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2021-09-23 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bill Burdick; +Cc: Luca Ferrari, emacs-org list

almost as if truncate line feature should be a text property?  good
idea to take up with devs if no solution arrives.  source blocks have
c-c '; idk about tables.  perhaps you could at least have ugliness in
the outline but correctness in editing.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

Please learn what misopathy is.