You'll have this with recursive code and recursion is fairly normal in Lisp programs. -- Bill On Fri, Aug 12, 2022 at 8:22 AM Christopher M. Miles wrote: > > Ihor Radchenko writes: > > > "Christopher M. Miles" writes: > > > >> When I profiling Org Agenda generation, I found that org code is deeply > invoked in Emacs profiler report. > >> > >> My Question: > >> > >> - What reason caused this situation? > >> - Can Org Mode optimize those deeply invoked code? > > > > Could you please clarify what exactly is your problem? > > Is agenda generation slow? > > From the profiler report, you can see that Agenda is slow on clock table > generation because I have ~org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode~ > enabled. And this deep code invocation is from it too. It's about 5 > seconds to generate the org-agenda clock table. Actually I can tolerate > this time, Just found this performance issue when profiling and curious > to ask this question. > > > I do not see much issue with deep nesting of the code. > > Is this deep nested code normal in Emacs Lisp? > > Usually (based on my less than 20 times profiling experience), Emacs > wouldn't have deeper code than 40 levels. But my attachment profiler > report has more than 100 levels. > > If this is normal and fine, It's OK. I repeat, I ask this question for > curious purpose which want to get an answer for not important question. > > -- > > [ stardiviner ] > I try to make every word tell the meaning that I want to express without > misunderstanding. > > Blog: https://stardiviner.github.io/ > IRC(libera.chat, freenode): stardiviner, Matrix: stardiviner > GPG: F09F650D7D674819892591401B5DF1C95AE89AC3 >